Surf safety is an extremely important issue when visiting the popular Australian beaches. Below are the flags that you may see when at the beach, and the relevant meanings for each of them. Please make sure that you abide by these flags. They are there for your safety.
Good Swimming Conditions*
Unstable Water Conditions
Do Not Enter the Water
* between the red and yellow flags
The perfect way to relax in Australia is to go to the beach. Although it is great fun there are a few guidelines you should follow to ensure a safe and enjoyable day, including:
* Always use a high protection sunscreen.
* Wear a hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes.
* Avoid sitting out in the sun during the middle of the day.
* Make sure you cover up if going into the water (wear a t-shirt).
* Do not swim after you have eaten or if you have consumed alcohol.
* Follow all instructions from the Lifeguards on duty.
* Swim in the designated areas (normally marked by red and yellow flags).
* Do not swim on beaches that are closed or that aren't patrolled by Lifeguards.
* Stay out of the water if unsure of the surf conditions or there are no safety flags.
* Stay close to the shore if there is a yellow flag.
* If you get caught in a rip then swim diagonally across it. Do not struggle against it.
* If caught in a rip stay on your float or surfboard.
* If you are in trouble then raise one arm, and wait for assistance.
Australian Explorer has selected a range of gift ideas that will be perfect for anybody who loves surfing. If you know somebody who has always wanted to try surfing then there are surfing lessons available in a number of locations across Australia such as the famous Bondi Beach. If you know somebody who has mastered surfing why not check out our popular Kitesurfing and Windsurfing experiences? Or you may even want to try stand up paddle board surfing. So whether you are looking for a gift for a beginner or advanced surfer we have something for everybody.
Surf ypour way to Byron and back to Sydney. Stopping at all the best surf breaks along the way. Cabin accommodation is provided, starting with our purpose built surf camp and other destinations as we progress our travels to Byron Bay.
We will find the best uncrowded waves for progressing your surfing from beginner to advanced. Travelling the NSW North Coast living a surfers dream of freedom, travel, good waves and good times.
Bondi Surf Experience (EX923) New South Wales : $95.00 This is Australia's greatest surf experience on Australia's greatest beach! Bondi Beach is home to s MORE LIKE THIS | ACT | NSW | NT | QLD | SA | TAS | VIC | WA