Popular 4WD Destinations in New South Wales
New South Wales offers a diverse and exciting location for 4WD enthusiasts. The state features beautiful coastlines, spectacular snowy mountains and vast mountain ranges, great waterways and amazing scenery. The state has a number of must-see destinations for a 4WD holiday.
* The area between Cooma and Canberra offers some great four wheel driving and sight-seeing opportunities. Fish in and camp on the banks of the Murrumbidgee River, see deserted gold fields, explore caves, test your 4WD on the forest tracks and visit the beautiful Kosciusko National Park.
* Why not explore the untouched beauty of Wadbilliga and Deua National Park. These parks offer remote mountainous landscape, amazing waterfalls, great camping areas, exciting river crossings for your 4WD, swimming holes and an abundance of wildlife.
* The family will love a trip that includes the amazing Great Dividing Range and the Manning River. In this area you can enjoy stunning landscape, secluded camp sites, exhilarating 4WD tracks, native forestry and wildlife. Also in this area is the Werrikimbe National Park where you will see kangaroos and amazing rainforest's.
* You are guaranteed to enjoy a journey around the Blue Mountains. This picturesque region has amazing mountain scenery, showcases wonderful wildlife and gives you an insight to historic mining towns.
In the area, the Wombeyan Caves offer a great place to camp or caravan and to view limestone caves. You can also experience the amazing Morong Falls and
Jenolan Caves that are in that area.
* The Macquarie Marshes and the surrounding area are a great place to take your 4WD. There are some great tracks off the main road, lots of birds to be seen, camping to be done and fish on the Macquarie River to be caught.
* Stockton Beach is renown as one of the greatest 4WD spots in New South Wales. On this beach you must get a special 'Beach Vehicle Permit' but these are easily obtained and available locally. There are a number of tracks you can take or head straight for the beach. This beach is beautiful and offers great fishing - particularly for bream, mulloway and whiting.