Cape Crawford is a remote stop at the junction of the Carpentaria Highway and Tablelands Highway. Despite the first part of its name, Cape Crawford is situated a good 200 kilometres from the ocean.
Lindsay Crawford was the drover who discovered a spectacular formation known as the Lost City, in the nearby Abner Ranges in 1880.
The Lost City covers an area of about eight square kilometres and is dotted with towering sandstone formations. These natural pillars remind many observers of skyscrapers, and are well worth a visit.