Uluru Adventure with Sunset BBQ Dinner
Rising from the desert sands, this massive creation from the dawn of time will overwhelm you. The richness of colour changing by the hour, the powerful presence of the Aboriginal Tjukurpa (dreaming) and the enormity of this symbol of the Australian Outback. Traverse the Walpa Gorge at Kata Tjuta (Olgas), a tumbled mass of protruding rock domes. This tour is perfect for anybody who wants to experience Outback Australia and is short on time.
Nothing will prepare you for your first close up of Uluru (Ayers Rock); its ancient mystery, its spirit and its wonder. Visit this monolith of Uluru...... and stand in awe!
• Head out South Road and on to the Stuart Highway passing the West MacDonnell Ranges
• Enjoy a light breakfast at Stuarts Well
• Cross remote endless plains and experience the vast openness of Outback Australia
• Mt Ebenezer and Mt Conner
• Stop at the lookout for morning tea
• Stunning sand ridges clad with desert oaks
• Look for massive road trains
• Experience the presence of Uluru - the massive stone heart of Australia
• Learn of Aboriginal Tjukurpa and rock art on the Mala Walk
• Take a guided walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole and see Aboriginal rock art
• Learn of the law, legends and bush tucker of the Anangu people
• Visit the Uluru and Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre and learn about Aboriginal culture and art
• Uluru base - see it, touch it perhaps even climb it*
• Visit Kata Tjuta - walking trails lead to cool valleys and secluded waterholes
• Witness an Uluru sunset while sipping wine or juice and enjoy a delicious dinner
• Return to Alice Springs or conclude your tour at the Ayers Rock Resort (Yulara)
NOTE: At the conclusion of our adventure we will return to Alice Springs stopping for a snack stop (own expense) and enjoy an on-board Australian movie. The Uluru climb may be closed at anytime due to Aboriginal cultural requirements or extreme weather conditions.
* National park entry fee is included in the tour price. The Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park entry fee is a government charge. The entry fee of $25 is valid 3 consecutive days and was correct at the time of printing. It is subject to change without notice. Children no Charge.
Alice Springs, Northern Territory | More Alice Springs Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.