Agincourt Outer Barrier Reef Cruise with Oceanwalker Helmet Dive
Experience the fun of Helmet Diving at Agincourt Reef, a magnificent ribbon reef where you can experience first hand the magic that is the Great Barrier Reef. An underwater world that is dazzling kaleidoscope of colour and brilliance.
Board the wavepiercing catamaran and our friendly crew will take you to a reef at the very edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf.
Choose to dive, snorkel, or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a semi-sub, just one meter underwater. Watch the fish feeding from our unique underwater viewing platform and underwater observatory, or fly in a helicopter over the reef.
Whichever way you choose, you’ll bring home a lifetime of memories from this living natural wonder.
Agincourt Reef – Discover the Outer Barrier Reef
We take you to Agincourt Reef, at the very outer edge of the Barrier Reef. Here, special reefs known as ‘ribbons’ run parallel to the Continental Shelf. Adjacent to the Coral Sea trench, these ribbon reefs are recognised as the most pristine eco-systems in the reef’s environment. Clear water provides the best possible underwater visibility, encourages rich coral growth and supports spectacular marine life. As the region’s outer reef pioneer, we chose the best location available to show you nature’s finest.
Entering the dramatic beauty of the Great Barrier Reef is an extraordinary experience. It’s a day that engages all your senses, lifts your spirit and takes you into another realm. Sharing the wonder of the world’s largest living entity, realising its breathtaking colour and majesty, seeing nature at its most perfect is an awakening and, quite simply, the memory of a lifetime. Come and experience nature’s finest with Australia’s best. At Agincourt ribbon reef, you’ll feel as if you’ve embraced paradise.
Experience the fun of Helmet Diving
Oceanwalker or “helmet diving” is a unique and fun way to experience the underwater world of the reef up close and personal. Breathing fresh air delivered from the surface into your helmet, you will walk underwater on a reef platform – you can even wear your glasses if you wish!
Oceanwalker is suitable for non-swimmers and persons aged over 12 years. After a short briefing and subject to medical conditions, you will be walking amongst the reef fish and corals.
• Experience the feeling of diving but instead you’ll be wearing a helmet and breathing normally.
• No swimming involved – just walk down the ramp steps to the platform.
• You can wear your glasses and keep your hair dry!
• 10 minute briefing and safety talk before starting your helmet dive.
• Maximum of 6 “Oceanwalkers” at a time accompanied by 2 dive instructors.
• All equipment provided.
• Souvenir certificate on completion of your helmet dive.
• Morning and afternoon teas on board.
• Reef presentation by marine biologist.
• Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
• All snorkelling equipment provided.
• Stinger/Lycra Suits & Bouyancy Aids provided.
• Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas
• Qualified lifeguard supervision
• Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
• Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels
• Fish feeding [conducted by crew]
Cairns, Queensland | More Cairns Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.