Great Barrier Reef Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
Michaelmas Cay is a picturesque reef sand island surrounded by magical coral gardens teeming with an incredible diversity of marine life. The Cay is a protected seabird sanctuary playing host to over 20,000 migratory seabirds. This is one of the most important nesting sights in the Southern Hemisphere.
This is a daily cruise to Michaelmas Cay where you can enjoy snorkelling, diving and sailing on Australia's magnificent Great Barrier Reef.
• Visit Michaelmas Cay (Bird Sanctuary)
• Amazing sailing experience on a large Australian catamaran
• Semi-submersible tour
• Free snorkelling off the beach
• Sumptuous buffet including seafood and refreshments included
• Return cruise to the reef on a luxury sailing vessel
• Four hours on the reef
• Guided nature tours of the isalnd and bird sanctuary
• Morning refreshments
• Snorkelling demonstrations, tuition & use of all snorkelling equipment
• Informative tours on our air conditioned semi-submersible
• Informative ecological presentations by qualified Marine Biologists
• Cruise to an exclusive beach ”˜Nature's Own Pontoon'
• Snorkel & dive from the beach rather than a pontoon into deep waters
• Large sailing catamaran at low speed assures maximum comfort at sea
• Spacious wide open foredeck perfect for sun bathing
• Comfortable lounge seating rather than ferry style seating
• Environmentally friendly sailing catamaran with low fuel consumption
• Visit the only protected bird sanctuary on the reef
• Menus are freshly prepared on board during the cruise
• Ideal romantic reef trip for couples & honeymooners
• No overcrowding – only 150 guests each day
• Best reef experience for non-swimmers
Optional Extras: (Own Expense)
• Guided snorkelling tours with our qualified Marine Biologist
• Certified and introductory diving
• Drinks & snacks from the fully licensed bar
• Sunscreen lotions and underwater cameras
• Hire of wet/lycra suits
• Professional photographer on board
• A range of quality souvenirs and merchandise
Sample Tour Program:
• 7.45 am Boarding commences. Complimentary tea and coffee, served until departure.
• 8:30am Depart Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef.
• 9:00am Safety demonstration, reef brief and snorkelling / dive demonstration.
• 9:30am Informative Marine Biologist slide show presentation.
• 10:30am Arrive at destination. Reef activities commence including snorkelling, coral viewing on our air conditioned semi-submersible, beach walks, scuba diving and swimming.
• 12:00 noon Buffet lunch served on board.
• 1:00pm Continuation of reef activities.
• 2:30pm Freshly baked cake and afternoon tea is served. On completion of safety head count we depart Michaelmas Cay for a return sail to Cairns
• 5:00pm Arrive Cairns. Return coach transfers to hotel are waiting.
Set Sail aboard our five star catamaran and enjoy a reef experience like no other, this is a day to remember.
Cairns, Queensland | More Cairns Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.