Two Day Australian Outback Station Farm Stay, Rest and Relaxation Adventure
Take a beautiful scenic flight from Sydney to Corynnia Station, situated on the edge of the Great Australian Outback on the famous Hay Plains. Your overnight Outback Farm Stay includes flights, meals, accommodation, farm tour, free time activities, fresh air and pure relaxation!
Corynnia Station is situated on the edge of the Great Australian Outback on the famous Hay Plains. The property comprises 7000ha including irrigation enabling farming of cotton, sheep feed and grains. The prime merino flock is around 10,000 in number with over 4,000 quality breeding ewes.
The very busy property is managed and physically worked by Bruce and son, Hamish who are both passionate about agriculture and sheep, utilising the latest technologically advanced methods.
The property was purchased in 1977 by Julie’s father, John Jones. Bruce and Julie moved to Corynnia Station as newly weds in 1982 and have put heart and soul into developing what was originally a very run down property, homestead and gardens into what they choose to share today.
Julie developed her own fashion businesses over twenty-five years and her creative flair is obvious throughout the farm stay accommodation, gardens and homestead where her paintings are also showcased.
You will be keen to share Bruce’s passion for agriculture on this tour where you will learn a little of what happens on ‘real’ and busy working property. The farm tour route depends on what is happening on the farm at that time. Your tour will take around two hours and will include variations of the following:
Learn of our technologically advanced farming practices in producing the worlds highest quality and ‘greenest’ cotton, sheep feed, grains as well as Merino wool and meat – with no subsidies! Discover the benefits of planting genetically modified seed. Visit our historic 1898 and 1940’s shearing shed, still in use today. You may even be lucky enough to see our kelpie dogs working the sheep.
Day 1 Itinerary
• Flight Departs Bankstown, Sydney Metro Airport at 9:00am in your groups own designated aircraft.
• Approx. 1 hour 35min flight to Corynnia Station
• Flying much lower levels than a commercial airliner allows you to take in the beautiful and ever-changing scenery
• Fly over the Australian Blue Mountains, Great Dividing Ranges and the tapestry of agriculture on the open plains.
• Weather permitting, flight lands into the Corynnia Station’s own private airstrip
• Due to certain weather occasions, this flight may land at a nearby town 45mins drive to the station.
• On arrival, meet and greet your host and lunch will be served.
• Guests are free to relax and explore the oasis gardens.
• During the afternoon, a farm tour will be organised.
• Spend the rest of the afternoon as you please and at your own time and pace
• Enjoy the ever-changing afternoon colours and the pure tranquillity of the stations location.
• Dinner with your amazing hosts, lots of laughs, good food and amazing stories
Day 2 Itinerary
• Rise at your leisure. Breakfast will be ready and waiting for you to enjoy whenever you feel like it.
• A morning of leisure awaits so take the time to enjoy the Outback landscape and fresh air
• Take in a walk or bike ride, swim in the pool, tennis or croquet on the homestead garden lawns and wind down.
• Lunch to be served in the homestead.
• The flight back in your own group aircraft departs Corynnia approx. 14:00.
• Arriving back to Bankstown, Sydney Metro approx. 15:35
• CBD Transfers
• return flights
• Meals (Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast and Lunch)
• Farm Stay Accommodation
• Farm Tour
• Knowledgeable and Entertaining Tour Guide
• Living on the land, true outback style
• Local food, produce and wine
• See kangaroos and Australian wildlife
• Free time activities
• Fresh air and pure relaxation!
Free Time Activities
• Tennis court
• Relax in the garden oasis
• Walks on the open plains taking in the 360 landscapes – the flattest country on earth with a fall of 1cm per kilometre!
• Breathtaking sunrises, sunsets and trillions of stars
• Communal campfire in cooler months.
Maxie’s Retreat Accommodation
Maxie’s Retreat is a Six bedroom lodge – one double rooms and five twin rooms accommodating a total of up to twelve guests. The property offers two large bathrooms, indoor and outdoor dining and sitting areas, full kitchen facilities with coffee machine.
Maxie’s Retreat overlooks the open 360 degree plains of the property on the edge of homestead the garden oasis. Maxie’s Retreat is named after the old stockman and real character who lived on Corynnia Station for many years, relishing in his isolated, quiet life.
Supplies will be delivered to Maxie’s Retreat so guests can breakfast at their leisure including Cereals, homemade yogurt, home grown stewed fruit, farm eggs, bacon, toast, croissants and condiments.
Lunch will be served at the homestead and will include local and homestead produce. Includes light main meal and fruit platter.
Served with your hosts, Bruce and Julie Armstrong, around their historic repurposed shearing shed wool table, over which many fleeces have been classed, and is now a wonderful place to share delicious meals, make new friends and share interesting stories (and maybe some tall tales too). Dinner includes a welcome drink either on the terrace or in the homestead depending on the weather. Main course is prepared by Julie and served in family silver. Male guests will congregate around the BBQ on the homestead terrace and cook the local meats. Plus Dessert.
Quality local Calabria Family Wines, beers, ciders and soft drinks are available for purchase by the bottle at an additional cost.
Sydney CBD, New South Wales | More Sydney CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.