2.5 Hour Beginner Kite Surfing Lesson
Kitesurfing is becoming more and more predominant in the water sports community for its exhilirating and fast pace. Pulled behind a boat, kitesurfers perform aerial flips and technical maneuvers that make it seem as if they are gliding on water. Book a lesson today to immerse yourself in the action packed world of kitesurfing!
Before your kitesurfing lesson begins you will be greeted by your friendly and experienced kitesurfing instructor. After a short briefing on the equipment and safety precautions involved in the sport, it's time to get hit the water!
Kiteboarding is an extreme sport and is 80% kite control. The kite setup and knowing how to use the safety systems and launch/land the kite is essential!
We generally run this beginner lesson with 2 students and 1 instructor, as you get an advantage seeing what the other student is doing right or wrong, but we also offer private tuition for this course if you prefer.
In this lesson you will learn:
• Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
• Know hazards on a spot
• Set up a trainer kite
• Know the use of safety systems
• Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
• Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
• Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
• Walk and change directions while flying the kite
• Know the wind window<
• Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
• Pre- flight check equipment and settings
• In flight check equipment and settings
• Understand and use the international communication signals
• Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
• Control the kite hooked into the harness
• Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
• Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
• Show full control of de-power systems in flight
• Pull quick release and activate leash Recover the bar and kite Self land
Once you have completed this course you will receive an IKO card showing which level you have reached which will allow you to continue your lessons or once at Level 3 you can hire kiteboarding equipment anywhere in the world.
Shoalwater, Western Australia | More Shoalwater Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.