Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour
If you are visiting Broome then you must visit the famous Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Discover for yourself the rare and beautiful "Australian South Sea Pearls" that are produced at Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Travel in comfort and enjoy our air conditioned coach trip out to the farm. There is also an option for Self-drive (4WD is recommended).
A unique insight into the modern cultured pearl farming process.
Located just 38 kilometres north of Broome, Willie Creek Pearl Farm is perfectly situated on the scenic and protected tidal estuary of Willie Creek. With ever changing scenery, wildlife and an array of things to do, Willie Creek offers a fantastic day out.
Our award-winning tour shows visitors first-hand how we produce pearls at our commercial sea-lease. Guides accompany visitors all the way and show the process of culturing pearls from collection and spawning of oysters in our hatchery through to harvesting and the final product, stunning pearl jewellery.
A demonstration using a live pearl oyster is given to reveal the technical and complex operation involved in starting the pearl process. Visitors are also taken out by boat to view farming operations on the water inside Willie Creek itself. At selected tour times, guests can also enjoy a pre-booked lunch or breakfast at Harvest (subject to seasonality). Lunch is served after the tour concludes and breakfast is served prior.
• Hotel pickup in an air-conditioned coach and 2-way transfers (Coach Tour ONLY)
• Oyster hatchery
• Pearling masterclass (including harvest of a pearl)
• Morning or afternoon tea
• Willie Creek boat cruise
• Care of pearls presentation
• Showroom browsing time
Guests have several tour options to choose from when visiting Willie Creek Pearl Farm. These options are based on transport methods and include:
• Self-drive, 4WD is recommended.
• By Coach, which includes air-conditioned coach transfers to and from the Pearl Farm with pick ups occurring approximately 1 hour before the tour commences.
• By Helicopter, which includes transport to and from Broome airport as well as helicopter transfer to and from the Pearl Farm. Minimum 2 pax.
Broome, Western Australia | More Broome Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.