PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from many types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, peak performance buoyancy, Fish Identification, deep diving, underwater navigation and much more. Get credit!
Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding Specialty Diver course.
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
• Practical aspects of deep diving
• Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
• How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
• More ways to use your underwater compass
• How to better use your dive computer and Recreational Dive Planner
• And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
There are two compulsory adventure dives; Deep Diver and Underwater Navigator. You can choose 3 of the following elective dives to complete your certification:
• AWARE-Fish Identification
• Underwater Naturalist
• Boat Diver
• Peak Performance Buoyancy
• Multilevel Diver
• Search and Recovery Diver
The Advanced Course is run over two days on EVOLUTION.
You will complete some basic theory in the comfort of our air-conditioned saloons then complete 5 training dives from the selection above, and 1 fun dive to practice your newly discovered skills.
• Full Osprey V Outer Reef Tour with 5
• Training Dives + 1 Fun Dive
• PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
• Transfers to and from your Cairns City
• PADI Photo Certification Card
• PADI Diver Log Book
• All Dive Equipment & Wetsuits
Our dive courses are not available for bookings at this time. Please contact us to book later in the year.
Cairns, Queensland | More Cairns Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.