2 Day Moreton Island Camping Adventure
On this 2 Day Moreton Island Camping Adventure enjoy two days beach camping at Blue Lagoon aswell as a range of other highlights including snorkelling, a Moreton Marine Park cruise, sandboarding, a lighthouse walk and more!
Depart Brisbane on this fully guided off-road adventure, and eco-experience on Moreton Island. Travel across Moreton Bay Marine Park on the luxury Micatt Sea Ferry. We take time to travel the west coast of Moreton Island. Spot dolphins, fish and sometimes whales, dugong and turtles. Arrive Moreton Island's west coast and Sandy Beach - the world's second largest sand island, at the famous Tangalooma Shipwrecks - your snorkelling and kayaking playground. We have plenty of time to explorer the marine park with all gear provided.
4WD onto the beach and through forest to The Desert sand hills for Sand boarding action. Spend the morning on the slopes, fully guided with all equipment supplied. This is great fun, both gentle and steep sand dunes for all ages. 4WD over the highest sand range to remote eastern surf beach. Take a short coastal forest walk to the sand filtered fresh waters of Blue Lagoon (window lake). Relax, swim, photo, snorkel. Lunch at Blue Lagoon campsite on remote eastern beach. Your camp facilities include: National Park toilets, showers, undercover kitchen, 1, 2, 3 and 4 person erected tents, Eco Campfire & more.
Drive to Aboriginal midden site and ancient fish trap and on to wild Cape Moreton lighthouse and breathtaking views to Flinder's Reef. Great land based whale watching, dolphins, turtles and rays.
Explore Honeymoon Bay Beach and Champagne Pools. Spend the afternoon enjoying the beaches, and lagoons, with great walks to First Bay, North Point, Camp grounds, Lighthouse, Yellow Patch and fresh water lagoons.
Settle into your campsite and enjoy entree, BBQ dinner and cold drinks beside the campfire. After tea, try moonlight beach walk or night swim in Blue lagoon.
Start with a tropical breakfast overlooking beach. Take time for a beach walk or hike. Enjoy the freshwater creeks, surf beach views or a swim at Blue Lagoon. Take a hike to Lake Honeyeater. After breakfast travel the beach to Mount Tempest - the world's largest sand dune - great views to Brisbane, Redcliffe, North Stradbroke and Redlands. Instead of hiking, clients may choose to relax at Tangalooma Beach.
After the morning activities enjoy a lunch with cold drinks, fresh breads and fruits and cold meats. The afternoon is spent on Moreton Island west coast. Take time for a marine search after lunch. Spot dolphins, turtles, fish, stingray and sometime whales. Or check out the West coasts wrecks of Bulwer (famous for a lack of people), or Tangalooma shipwrecks. Snorkel and kayak among tropical fish and look for dugong, dolphin and turtle, or take a walk through Tangalooma Resort and jetty, check out the dolphin centre or have a drink overlooking the bay. Keep watch on return beach walk for dolphin, dugong and turtle. Board the luxury ferry with sunset over the bay.
Return to Brisbane 6pm.
• 2 Days fully guided tour Moreton Island National Park
• Great National Park campsite with toilets and showers
• Moreton Island 37km Eastern surf beach
• Blue Lagoon fresh water lake- swim relax explore
• Kayaking around the shipwrecks with all gear and equipment.
• Snorkel Tangalooma shipwrecks, Fully guided with all equipment.
• North Point hike, Champagne Pools swim, honeymoon bay explore
• All meals (freshly prepared) on island.
• West Coast - isolated beach walks, bush hiking and eco guides
• Moreton Marine Park cruise- Luxury 10 million dollar boat- spot Dolphins, Turtles, Stingray
• Beautiful sunsets, Beach sun rise
• Whale watching (in season)
• Sand boarding at the Desert or big Sandhills, all equipment, fully guided
• Cape Moreton Lighthouse walk, and Mount Tempest hike for the fit.
• Night time eco camp fire and night walks
• Guide/Eco Driver, fully guided 2 days
• All meals on island:
• Day 1 - Picnic Lunch at Blue Lagoon, Cold drinks, cold meats, picnic salad, fresh fruits, cakes and bread rolls. Afternoon snack and entree, before BBQ Dinner, fresh salads, garlic breads and cold drinks.
• Day 2 - Breakfast - tea coffee, cereals and toast, jam, honey, fruits, breads. Picnic Lunch - cold meats, fresh salads, cold drinks
• All camping gear supplied and setup
• Choice of 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 person tents. Large tents if required
• Under cover areas, Tables and Chairs, Eco camp fire, National park showers and toilets
• All Sporting equipment - Snorkel, sand board
• 4WD Transport
• Brisbane pickup and Return Brisbane
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.