3 Day Moreton Island 4WD National Park Adventure
Try this unique Island Holiday. An Extensive nature and 4WD supported walking adventure. Discover the hidden secrets of Moreton Island National Park. Enjoy the sparkling beach wilderness and experience the serenity and beauty of Blue Lagoon, Ben Ewa Bay, Tangalooma Shipwrecks and Historic Cape Moreton Region.
This is a fully guided small group walking and hiking nature adventure. The only company to offer southern Moreton Island National Park - Kooringal, West Coast and Island's most remote walks. Over 150km of Moreton Island Great Walk Adventures.
Depart Brisbane for a unique beach wilderness experience on Moreton Island. Sea ferry cruise Moreton Bay Marine Park and arrive Moreton Island’s white sandy beaches.
Travel by 4WD to remote surf beach. Take a short forest walk to fresh waters of Blue Lagoon (a magical window lake) - relax, swim, photo and snorkel. Outdoor fresh picnic lunch with cold drinks overlooking the surf beach. Travel on to Cape Moreton Lighthouse for great land based whale watching, dolphin, turtle and sometimes shark and Manta Ray. Explore Honeymoon Bay and Champagne Pools. After a healthy evening meal, enjoy stories around the camp fire - stargaze at lake or stroll along Ben Ewa Bay Beach.
Start with a tropical breakfast overlooking ocean and travel the beach to the big sand hills for sand boarding action. Outdoor morning tea and on to the famous Tangalooma Shipwrecks. Snorkel among tropical fish and Kayak looking for a dugong, dolphin and turtle before a fresh picnic lunch. Free afternoon with time to relax on Tangalooma beach overlooking marine park. Beach drive or hike to Cowan Point Lookout or onto the Bulwer Shipwrecks. If travelling south through Tangalooma Resort and isolated Tangalooma Point.
Enjoy the night around the campfire with dinner and desert before star gazing and Night beach walk.
With a packed picnic lunch, beach drive to Mount Tempest – the highest sand hill in the world. Oh what a feeling! Take in the views and continue south along the beach to the biggest of Moreton’s sandhills. 4WD to the southern wetland eelgrass fields, (dugong and turtle) and protected bird rookeries, migratory waders can be seen. Aboriginal midden sites and ancient campfire areas explained by your eco guide. A day to relax island style with a full day touring the southern wetlands. Try island tucker and fresh sea clams.
• Moreton Island National Park - Beach-Lake Campsites
• Enjoy Land based Whale Watch, Dolphin, Green Turtles and Stingray
• Snorkel the Tangalooma Shipwreck - Fully guided - all Gear -
• Kayak the Tangalooma Shipwrecks - All equipment provided.
• Snorkel the Champagne rock pools, spot fish coral and more
• Sand Surfing the slopes of the Big Sand Hills, Desert (all gear provided)
• Southern Wetlands and Protected bird habitat
• Eco Campfire at Night - with marshellows and stories before the star gazing
• Fully erected and servied campsite with dinning area, chill space and under campsites
• Uniquie Sand Hiking trails and walks, - do as little or as much as you like (over 100km walks on offer)
• Experienced Eco Guide/Driver - Small group - Big adventure
• Climb Mt. Tempest the highest Sand dune on earth
• 4WD to health Island and Marine Park tidal zone.
• See wading birds, fish, crabs, urchin, sea eagles, falcons and spoonbills
• Hike in Oasis of Moreton Island National Park with full support
• All Sea and Vehicle Transport Return
• Experienced Island guide and Queensland certified safe driver
• Tents, sleeping bags, mattress and serviced National Park Facilities
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.