Phillip Island Day Tour
This Phillip Island Day Tour is perfect for travellers on a tight budget. Our Phillip Island day tour encapsulates the Gippsland area's very best attractions to create a wonderful day touring package! Highlights include
At the award-winning Rhyll Trout & Bush Tucker farm you'll learn about the amazing array of native bush tucker that was harvested by the region's indigenous population over thousands of years. We'll also enjoy a delcious lunch here, with an opportunity to choose from a broad range of freshly prepared options.
Visiting the famous Koala Conservation Centre we get up close to everyone’s favourite sleepy-head, the koala while walking among the tree tops on the specially constructed viewing boardwalks.
We'll visit the boutique Phillip Island Winery where we'll taste a range of Gipplsand cheeses, matched with the delightful locally produced wines.
Enjoy spectacular panoramas at the Nobbies, including and opportunity to explore the Nobbies Centre and view Australia’s largest seal colony on the nearby seal Rocks.
Finally, we make our way to Summerland Beach where, as dusk falls, it’s time for the stars of the show – the Little Penguins - to make their appearance and bedazzle you at close range as they make their way across the beach to their homes.
Time is allowed to explore the visitor centre and to shop for souvenirs before commencing the journey back to Melbourne.
We depart Melbourne earlier than most to ensure that you have plenty of time to enjoy all that Phillip Island and the area have to offer. You will travel in air-conditioned comfort with a maximum group size of 21 passengers, allowing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
So come along and let our experienced guides give you a value-packed day of outstanding sights and entertainment, with plenty of fun and a few little surprises along the way.
• An informative guided bush tucker tour at the award-winning Rhyll Trout & Bush Tucker farm
• A delcious cafe lunch - choose from a range of meal options
• Entry to the famous Koala Conservation Centre – see our furry friends up close!
• Cheese & wine tasting at the Phillip Island Winery
• Enjoy a tasting of four Gippsland cheeses and five locally produced wines
• Take in the beautiful coastal views at Point Grant and the Nobbies
• View Australia’s largest seal population through hi-res cameras at Seal Rocks
• The amazing nightly Penguin Parade
• Your tour includes standard entry at the Penguin Parade
• Complimentary tea, coffee & cake at the Penguin Parade
• Plenty of time to explore the Penguin Parade’s visitor centre
• FREE onboard Wi-Fi service
• Complimentary city pickup and drop off from most accommodation providers
There are three options to choose from for your tour:
Viewing from beachfront stands with tiered seating and penguins at your feet along the boardwalks. The main viewing area at the Penguin Parade is a concrete terraced area that holds around 3000 people.
Situated next to the main path of penguins, and limited to 190 people, Penguins Plus offers fantastic up close viewing of penguins. The Penguins Plus viewing platform is an exclusive viewing area at the Penguin Parade located in an area that always experiences high penguin traffic. In fact, about 50-60% of the penguins arrive close to the Penguins Plus boardwalk, so you get to see more penguins with less people competing with you for space to see them.
Guided Ranger Tour *
The Guided ranger tour (or private penguin parade experience) is a unique, interactive ranger-guided tour that takes you to the front row at the Penguin Parade with a small group of others. The GRT includes:
• A ranger-guided eco tour of the Penguin Parade facilities
• Binoculars for great viewing, headset for personal commentary, and a mat to sit on
• Access to the Penguins Plus boardwalk
• Free regular hot/cold drink from the Boardwalk Cafe
* This tour departs 45 minutes before the penguin arrival time and is limited to guests 12 years and over.
Melbourne CBD, Victoria | More Melbourne CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.