Chocolate Connoisseur Appreciation Course
Are you passionate about chocolate? Want to learn everything about chocolate? Then our Chocolate Connoisseur Appreciation course is the answer. We will cover everything from the history of chocolate and how it is made through to origins and blends, specialty chocolates and chocolate desserts.
Your chocolate connoisseur appreciation evening starts off with a tasting of our special Belgian hot chocolate.
During the evening you will learn:
- How chocolate came to be discovered
- How chocolate has influenced the history of the world
- How chocolate came to be one of the top three traded commodities in the world
- How to test for great chocolate by its smell, sight, touch, sound and taste
- How to store chocolate
- How to match different drinks such as coffee with chocolate
- How to taste different origins of chocolate for the true connoisseur experience
- How chocolate is presented by specialty chocolatiers; truffles, pralines, butter creams etc
- How chocolate is best used in creating gourmet desserts.
Throughout the evening you will taste single origin chocolates, blended chocolates and specialty chocolates made by our European trained chocolatier.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2017 - 2018 season. The 2017 - 2018 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2017 - 31st March 2018. The 2018 - 2019 season rates commence on the 1st April 2018.
2017-2018 Season Rates
Rates valid from Saturday 1 April 2017 to Saturday 31 March 2018: