Fitzroy Island Day Transfers
Departing daily from Cairns Marina, cruise to the rainforest island haven Fitzroy Island - 99% national park covered in lush tropical rainforest and boasting granite outcrops, open woodlands, mangroves, coral beaches. Our Fitzroy Island day trip gives you 5 hours to explore paradise.
Relax as we transfer you to the idyllic Fitzroy Island, which is only a 45 minute cruise (approx. 29 km) from Cairns. Enjoy tea & coffee while boarding our air conditioned catamaran then enjoy the cruise to the stunning Fitzroy Island. With up to 5 hours free time you will be able to explore the island through self-guided rainforest walks or soak in the magic of the Great Barrier Reef by snorkelling, diving and kayaking.
Fitzroy Island is one of the most unspoiled destinations in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, surrounded by a beautiful fringe reef system and rugged with diverse landscaped featuring granite outcrops, open woodlands, rainforest, mangroves and coral beaches.
With gorgeous beaches, untouched forests and endless activities, Fitzroy Island is our little oasis. Enjoy snorkelling off the beaches and taking in the natural scenery.
Walk to the lighthouse, dine at the restaurant, or relax at the famous Nudey Beach -voted the best beach in Australia. You also have the option to bring a picnic lunch or purchase a casual lunch from the Fitzroy Island cafe.
8:30am - Check in starts
9:15am - Check in closes
9:30am - Depart Cairns Marina
10:15am - Arrive Fitzroy Island
Enjoy over 5 hours on the Island
4:20pm - Depart Fitzroy Island
5:20pm - Arrive back at Cairns Marina
Your trip includes:
• Travel to the Fitzroy Island on-board our air-conditioned catamaran
• Free tea and coffee on boarding the vessel
• Over 5 hours to explore Fitzroy Island
• Self-guided rainforest walks to the Summit, Lighthouse, Secret Garden and Nudey Beach
• Self-guided snorkel around the fringing reef, only meters from the beach
Things To Do On Fitzroy Island:
• Swim directly from the beach
• Beach hire of snorkel equipment and paddle skis & stand up paddle boards.
• Giant ocean trampoline (seasonal)
• Sea kayaking half day tour (additional cost at island)
• Self-guided bushwalking on National Park walking tracks
EXTRA ACTIVITIES include Foxy's Bar & Café, Pacific Isalnd Store, Snorkel Hire, Dive and Activities Centre - available on the island.
* All activities are booked through and run by another operator and are at an additional cost.
Cairns, Queensland | More Cairns Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.