Behind the Scene Beer, Wine and Spirits Day Tour
A Beer, Wine, Cider and Spirits Tour! We get to meet the makers and go behind the scenes of our boutique beverage production. Expand your knowledge and foster your appreciation of some of the finest beer, wine, cider and spirits in the World.
Our first stop is James Boag’s Brewery, with a 1.5 hour brewery tour and beer tasting.
We then depart Launceston for the Tamar Valley and Swinging Gate Vineyard where our host will take us into the depths of what's required to produce his wine. Lunch is at a local restaurant, either Rosevears or Timbre depending on the day of the week.
Travelling back to Launceston we will visit one of the State’s fledgling whisky producers, learn more about the ‘magic and science’ of Tasmanian whisky, followed by partaking in a whisky tasting with the distiller.
Finally we round off the day with a boutique beer and cider tasting. The team at Tandys Ale House specialise in Tasmanian ales, where a flight of ale will allow you to taste the best ale the microbrewery industry in Tasmania has to offer.
After our final visit we will drop you back at your accommodation.
• 1.5 hour brewery production tour and beer tasting at James Boag’s Brewery.
• ‘Behind the scenes’ at Swinging Gate Vineyard and Hangar 17 distillery.
• Lunch at a local restaurant.
• Visit at Tandy’s Ale House for a flight of Tasmanian ales, mead and cider.
• All tastings and lunch included.
• Wine freight to your home is included and can be arranged at the end of your experience.
Launceston, Tasmania | More Launceston Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.