Maleny Botanic Gardens and Rainforest Day Tour
Book this bestselling Maleny day tour to explore the delights of an amazing botanic garden overlooking the stunning Glasshouse Mountains, wander through an enchanting rainforest, and to enjoy a vineyard gourmet lunch.
Choose your Sunshine Coast pick-up spot and we’ll collect you and your group in our comfortable COVID-safe air-conditioned minibus. We’ll drive you in luxury through the spectacular scenery of the Sunshine Coast to the hinterland town of Maleny, high in the iconic Blackall Range.
You’re free to roam through the tranquil beauty of the Maleny Botanic Gardens, 18 acres of waterfalls, lakes and gardens planted with a heady mix of native and exotic flora.
When you’ve refreshed yourself with a Devonshire tea at the Garden’s friendly cafe, it’s time to head over to the awe-inspiring Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. Lose yourself in the sights and sounds of this subtropical rainforest; spot some of the 141 species of birds that flit through the canopy; discover the breathtaking range of bugs, beetles and butterflies that are the hardest workers of the rainforest. It’s an unforgettable experience for bird and bug enthusiasts and for normal people alike.
Then it’s just a short drive up to Clouds the Barrel Vineyard for a delicious lunch. You’ll enjoy incredible locally produced food with an optional glass of wine. A perfect end to a perfect day.
Don’t forget to bring comfortable footwear as the Rainforest Trail can be uneven, and a jumper as the Rainforest can be cooler than the coast because it’s higher up. It’s just science.
• Explore the terraces, waterfalls and lakes of Maleny Botanic Gardens
• Enjoy traditional morning tea Inc. scones, tea or coffee at the Gardens
• Experience the wonder of the native rainforest at the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve
• Enjoy a delicious lunch at Clouds the Barrel Vineyard
• Entry to Maleny Botanic Gardens, with tea and scones included (Bird Aviary optional extra)
• 3-Hours Free Time Maleny Botanic Gardens
• Lunch at Clouds the Barrel Vineyard
• Free time Mary Cairncross Scenic Rainforest Reserve
• Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
• COVID-safe transport and practices
• Any Private Expenses e.g. gifts and souvenirs
• Buggy Hire at Maleny Botanic Gardens (from $34 per buggy)
• Entry to the Bird Aviary ($15pp)
Alexandra Headland, Queensland
Coolum Beach, Queensland | More Coolum Beach Tours
Cotton Tree, Queensland
Mooloolaba, Queensland | More Mooloolaba Tours
Noosa Heads, Queensland | More Noosa Heads Tours
Noosaville, Queensland | More Noosaville Tours
Peregian Beach, Queensland
Sunshine Beach, Queensland
Twin Waters, Queensland
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.