Pinnacles Desert with 4WD Sandboarding Adventure, Koalas and Kangaroos
A fascinating day of spectacular natural contrasts. Big sky plains, koalas and kangaroos, massive sand dunes and emerald waters lapping pristine white sandy beaches. Then the dramatic Pinnacles Desert - arid, vast seemingly lifeless yet inhabited by strange limestone pillars rising through the sand. The thrilling adventure of four wheel driving at the Lancelin Sand Dunes, is an unparalleled way of discovering this awesome environment.
We leave the city limits and cross over the Swan River travelling past Burswood Resort Casino. Then head north through the Swan Valley to Caversham Wildlife Park where we stop to view and photograph koalas and hand feed kangaroos. We then break at the small fishing settlement of Lancelin before the thrilling experience of 4-wheel driving in our giant 4WD over massive Lancelin sand dunes and the chance to try sand boarding.
Then journey along quiet back roads where kangaroos and emus are often spotted, passing through wildflower country. We move onto the Rock Lobster town of Cervantes for lunch (P3). Afterwards, visit the wildflower shop or alternatively in summer time, weather permitting enjoy a swim, or a walk on the white sandy beaches.
We then continue on to the Nambung National Park, home of the amazing Pinnacles Desert. Here your driver guide takes you for an easy paced walk through parts of this fascinating landscape covering some 404 hectares. Ensure you wear comfortable footwear, bring a hat and your camera. Later enjoy a sunset journey back to Perth. If flowering, stops to view wildflowers will be made en route with arrival back in Perth at approximately 7:30pm.
This fabulous day out explores the world renowned Pinnacles Desert, an amazing moon like landscape. Other highlights of this exciting day include off road driving and sand boarding on huge white sand dunes, swimming in the Indian Ocean (weather permitting), hand feeding kangaroos, touching and photographing koalas and viewing native wildflowers.
This package includes a 4WD Sand Dune Adventure, Sand Boarding, Picnic Lunch, admission to Wildlife Park and Pinnacles.
• Guildford - history and charm on the Perth outskirts
• The Swan Valley - colonial towns, crafts and Western Australia's first wine growing region
• Caversham Wildlife Park - an opportunity to see koalas, wombat and kangaroo close up
• Look for native wildflowers from September through to November
• Cross vast big sky scrub and pasturelands
• Look for kangaroos and emus on the endless plains
• Visit a lobster farm on a guided tour
• Enjoy a picnic lunch at the coastal town of Cervantes
• See Namburg National Park - home of the Pinnacles
• Take a guided walk through the Pinnacles desert and it's limestone pillars created by the forces of nature
• Take a break at the cray fishing port of Lancelin on the Indian Ocean with time for a short stroll on the beach
• Enjoy thrills with giant four wheel driving across and down the massive Lancelin sand dunes - exhilarating!
• Try your hand at sandboarding on the dunes - a really fun experience for any age
Perth CBD, Western Australia | More Perth CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.