Pinnacles, New Norcia and Wildflowers Day Tour
This tour enables you to discover the unique township of New Norcia. New Norcia is Australia's only Benedictine Abbey still inhabited and worked by the monks today. This is truly a fascinating place. Walk amongst the eerie Pinnacles in the Nambung National Park, experience the white sand and blue waters of Cervantes, understand a wildflower farm and see clean green electricity - a day of contrasts.
Our morning journey takes us through historical Guildford and Swan Valley, past Perth's Pearce Air Force Base through the orange growing district of Bindoon to reach fascinating New Norcia. New Norcia was first settled in 1846 as a mission to the region's Aborigines.
New Norcia is Australia's only monastic town and is renowned for its Spanish architecture and Indigenous and European heritage. Drive through town and learn of the intriguing history and culture of the community before stopping for morning tea (own expense).
Afterwards, visit a local produce shop for the chance to purchase Benedictine Community goods including olive oil, fruit wine, delicious New Norcia nut cake and fresh breads. Alternatively, visit the museum and art gallery (own expense).
From here we head north past Moora to the Western Wildflower Farm for a brief guided tour of how wildflowers are preserved for export before having lunch. Continuing on, we arrive at the Rock Lobster fishing town of Cervantes, their highly prized Rock Lobster are caught by local fishermen, primarily for export to Japan.
Afterwards we travel into Nambung National Park, home of the mystical Pinnacles Desert. Here your driver guide takes you for an easy paced walk through parts of this fascinating landscape covering some 404 hectares. Ensure you wear comfortable footwear, bring a hat and your camera.
Additional stops to view wildflowers (Aug - Dec) will be made en route with arrival back in Perth at approximately 7:30pm.
This is a great day trip for all those adventurous travellers. A fascinating day out combining the history of Australia's only Benedictine Abbey with the world renowned mystical Pinnacles Desert. Book in today and have a day tour to remember.
Your day of touring includes luxury coach travel, picnic lunch, expert commentary and national park entry.
• Guildford - history and charm
• Travel through the Swan Valley - quaint towns and modern wine growing region
• Take a private guided town tour of New Norcia - Australia's only monastic town
• View buildings not accessible to the public that document the history in Australia since 1846
• Visit the stunning Abbey Church, St Gertrude's College and Chapel
• Explore the Museum and Art Gallery and inspect the walls constructed of hand made bricks
• Visit the local Abbey produce shop with opportunity to purchase local produce
• Enjoy a genuine Australian picnic style lunch
• Listen to a brief talk at the Western Wildflower Farm about the export of dried wildflowers
• Pass the Emu Downs Wind Farm at Badgingarra and view the 48 wind turbines (68 metres high)
• At Cervantes dip your toe in the Indian Ocean and take a short walk on the pristine white sand beach
• Witness the remarkable colours of Ronsard Bay
• Namburg National Park - gateway to the Pinnacles rock formations
• Enjoy a guided walk amongst the limestone pillars of the Pinnacles desert
• Explore up close these amazing limestone formations
• During the wildflower season, roadside stops will be made to view native wildflowers. Perhaps see Kangaroo Paw, Banksia and Christmas Tree plants flowering
Perth CBD, Western Australia | More Perth CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.