It is the tapestry of great ecosystems that creates the beauty of Kakadu. Sandstone escarpments shaped by an incomprehensible time span, monsoon forests and flood plains, great rivers journey serpentine to the sea, stunningly beautiful billabongs and lagoons are richly clad in a profusion of colour by glorious water lilies and edged by pandanas and paper bark trees.
Kakadu homes birds of every size, every hue and every song, fearsome crocodiles on the mudslides of billabongs, Aboriginal artwork painted on rock cave walls. This place is creation in its wonderful diversity, this place is Kakadu and it will leave a long last impression.
• Skirt Francis Bay on Darwin Harbour and head out on Tiger Brennan Drive
• Berrimah Naval Defence base
• Palmerston on Darwin's outskirts
• Look for massive roadtrains
• Head east on the Arnhem Highway passing through Humpty Doo
• Cross the Marrakai Wetlands and over the Adelaide River - home to native birdlife and crocodiles
• Top end outback bush - eucalypts, palms and termite mounds
• Kakadu National Park on the South Alligator River - a vast pristine wetland and bushland habitat with significant Aboriginal culture
• Take a short guided walk to Nourlangie Rock and see ancient Aboriginal rock art
• Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch with cold meats, salad and fruit
• Take a 1.5 hour guided cruise on Yellow Water Billabong
• Look for crocodiles, brolgas, magpie geese and kites
• Take in the serenity and beauty that nature offers in the Kakadu wetlands
• Visit Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre and learn of the traditional ways of Aboriginal people in Kakadu
Darwin CBD, Northern Territory | More Darwin CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.