Puffing Billy with Wildlife and Lunch
Ride on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. Tour through the richness of the Yarra Valley - a pastoral experience of farms and vineyards, haystacks and wine grapes. Healesville Sanctuary - a truly Australian experience - cradled in the forested foothills of the Great Divide where you can surround yourself with Australian wildlife.
Enjoy complimentary morning tea, feed Rosellas and Kings Parrots with provided feed. Feast on an awesome spit roast lunch (vegetarian available) with wine included. Visit a Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery with free samples. Enjoy a birds of prey live demo and also see Australian animals, like koalas, kangaroos, dingos and more.
This is a multi activity tour including a multitude of activities that has excellent feedback from customers and our travel team who have participated.
• Melbourne's eastern suburbs
• Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs: tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
• Share Bush Billy Tea of Aussie grown tea and gum leaves, lamingtons and vegemite crackers with the locals...
• Colourful Crimson Rosellas and Kings Parrots! (Opportunity to hand feed with seed provided)
• Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
• Sherbrooke Forest - noted for its lyrebirds, tall mountain ash eucalypts and fern gullies
• Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
• Panoramic views from Grantulla Road
• Opportunity to taste Australian wines at Fergusson's winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
• Enjoy a delicious spit roast lunch with a glass of wine as guests of Louise Fergusson (vegetarian meals available)
• Tour through the Yarra Valley
• Visit Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery - a sweet feast for the senses
• Complimentary chocolate tastings, displays of premium chocolates and observe European Chocolatiers at work
• Pass through the township of Healesville - set amidst mountain bushland
• Visit Healesville Sanctuary, with over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles in a natural bushland setting
• Stroll through paddocks of kangaroos and wallabies
• Explore wetlands and find birds of the wild - spoonbills, herons, egrets and galahs. Look out for the Little Pied Cormorant!
• Witness a "Birds of Prey" aerial demonstration of hunting skills diving and soaring across the arena
• Observe the underwater life of the platypus
• Come face to face with a koala!
• Meet a hairy nosed wombat!
• See dingoes, Tasmanian Devils, Echidnas, snakes & goannas
Included is historic steam train ride (Puffing Billy), aussie style Bush Billy tea with lamingtons and vegemite with crackers, wine tasting and lunch at Fergusson's winery and entrance to Healesville Sanctuary.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.