Puffing Billy with Wineries and Lunch
A tour designed for those with an appreciation of fine Australian wines. From the charm of the Blue Dandenongs and Puffing Billy, tour to the picturesque Yarra Valley wine growing region where you will have ample opportunities to sample Australian wines.
This is a great day out in the Yarra Valley. This tour was built for all wine lovers. Dont miss out on seeing it all in the Yarra and getting involved in some great wine tasting. Book online today!
• Melbourne's eastern suburbs
• Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs: tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
• Share Bush Billy Tea of Aussie grown tea and gum leaves, lamingtons and vegemite crackers with the locals”¦
• Colourful Crimson Rosellas and Kings Parrots! (Opportunity to hand feed with seed provided)
• Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
• Sherbrooke Forest - noted for its lyrebirds, tall mountain ash, eucalypts and fern gullies
• Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
• Panoramic views from Grantulla Road
• Opportunity to taste Australian wines at Fergusson's winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
• Enjoy a delicious spit roast lunch as guests of Louise Fergusson (vegetarian meals available)
• Tour through the Yarra Valley
Visit Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery - a sweet feast for the senses
• Delight in complimentary chocolate tastings, displays of premium chocolates and observe European Chocolatiers at work
• Pass through the township of Healesville - set amidst mountain bushland
• Visit Rochford Wines and taste from a selection of fine Australian Wines - beautifully designed and a dynamic winery renowned for hosting high calibre concerts
• Visit Dominique Portet - a boutique family owned winery now in their tenth generation as wine makers and continuing to respect their French tradition
• Take a vineyard, bottling or vintage tour (depending on the activity of the winery)
• Enjoy complimentary cheese and crackers with your wine tasting
Included is historic steam train ride (Puffing Billy), aussie style Bush Billy tea with lamingtons and vegemite with crackers, wine tasting and delicious spit roast lunch at Fergusson's winery, tasting at Rochford Wines and tasting and touring at Dominique Portet.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.