Port Arthur with Salamanca Market
Salamanca Market - delight in a shopping experience at Hobart's popular and colourful outdoor marketplace. Then join the coach to Port Arthur and acquire a sense of our past convict era and early Australian settlement.
Spend the morning tasting the best fresh produce in Tasmania, perhaps try a local favourite, Scallop Pie. Wander through this big, thriving market and look for unique knick knacks. In the late morning, hop on board your luxury Gray Line coach and travel to the historically significant site of Port Arthur. Take a guided walk of the site and then have hours of free time to explore the fascinating ruins or relax at the restaurant / cafe on site.
• Courtesy hotel transfer or make your own way to Salamanca Market
• Wander through numerous stalls of arts, crafts, fresh produce and tantalising gourmet foods
• Trendy restaurants, galleries and unique shops
• Perhaps enjoy a morning tea (own expense)
• Departing Hobart view Government House, home to the governor of Tasmania
• Travel across the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
• We continue onto the Tasman Peninsula, an area abound with natural bushland, native wildlife and amazing coastal scenery
• Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
• Eaglehawk Neck- stunning rocky coastline
• Doo Town
• Our stop in the Tasman National Park at Pristine Pirates Bay, will leave you in awe of the wonderful views, rugged coastline and striking rock formations. A great photo opportunity!
• Arriving at Port Arthur we have approximately 5 hours to soak up the atmosphere of this World Heritage Site
• Visit the Interpretation Centre and follow the harrowing life of a convict.
• Join a guided walking tour to learn about the many restored buildings and ruins
• See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, separate prison, Commandant's House, church and more
• Enjoy a cruise on Carnarvon Bay around the Isle of the Dead, then back to the Historic Site for free time to purchase your own lunch and explore at your own pace.
• Introductory walking tour by Port Arthur guide (40mins)
• Harbour cruise
• Port Arthur admission
• Free WiFi* on coach
Hobart CBD, Tasmania | More Hobart CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2022 - 2023 season. The 2022 - 2023 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2022 - 31st March 2023. The 2023 - 2024 season rates commence on the 1st April 2023.
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.