Grand Hobart Day Tour
You can discover Hobart in a day - Mt Wellington summit, Hobart city coach tram tour and Richmond, one of Australia's most original historic villages.
Witness magnificent views on the kunanyi/Mt Wellington tour - glimpse the unfolding panorama of the river, fields and the setting of Hobart town followed by an orientation tour highlighting the city's history, culture and lifestyle. On this tour we have approximately 2 hours to explore historic Richmond village, perhaps taste some local produce, shop ofr unique gifts, explore the historic surrounds including the convict built road bridge, quaint cottages and Richmond gaol.
Mt Wellington Highlights:
• On a clear day the views from Mt Wellington are stunning.
• In the winter perhaps you will be playing in the snow - whatever the weather - take the opportunity to visit iconic Mt Wellington, the traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is kunanyi
• See St David’s Park
• Pass by Anglesea Barracks - Australia’s oldest Army facility
• Cascade Valley - home of the Cascade Brewery and Gardens
• On this tour we pass through various eco systems and experience the harsh alpine environment of the mountain.
• View the massive rock formation of the Organ Pipes
kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit - a harsh rocky alpine environment affording unsurpassed views on a clear day
• The summit of Mt Wellington offers a panoramic spectacle of Hobart town, its surrounding suburbs, vast waterways of the Derwent River
• Option to walk and view the exterior of the Cascade Brewery
• Cascade Gardens
• After our descent from the mountain, we have a brief visit to the Cascades Female Factory - a one time female prison - for an insight into the lives of the women convicts once imprisoned there.
City Tour Highlights:
• Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
• Parliament House
• Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
• St. David’s Park
• South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
• St. David’s Cathedral
• Treasury Building and Franklin Square
• GPO and Hobart Town Hall
• Penitentiary Chapel
• Queen’s Domain and Government House
• Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
• Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
• Head out the Brooker Highway passing North Hobart and New Town
• Derwent Entertainment Centre
• Richmond - one of Australia’s most unique and historic towns dating from the 1820s
• Stroll across the Richmond Bridge - Introduce yourself to the local ducks, as they forage for good under the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia
• Also set in this idyllic location is the oldest operating Catholic Church
• Perhaps visit Richmond Gaol - operational from 1826
• Taste some Coal Valley region wines and local produce (own expense), shop or just relax.
• Whatever you choose there's plenty of time to explore the village, it's quaint cottages, unique shops, galleries and restaurants.
• Excellent photo opportunities all round!
Hobart CBD, Tasmania | More Hobart CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.