Mount Field and Russell Falls Full Day Tour with Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Immerse yourself in wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife on this incredible tour to the pristine rainforest of Mt Field National Park, including Mt Field National Park, Russell Falls, Salmon Ponds and Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
• As we leave Hobart and follow the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river before arriving at New Norfolk - the heart of this valley of tiny towns and agriculture
• Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
• Visit the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
• Enjoy a complimentary morning tea
• Perhaps feed the trout and salmon
• Visit the Museum - all this set amidst historic surrounds within the original and stunning English parklands
• Arriving at Mt Field National Park start with an easy walk through a canopy of rainforest and fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls
• Soak up the serenity and atmosphere of majestic tall tree ferns providing a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
• Lunch (at your own expense) can be enjoyed in the park
• There may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls (seasonal)
• Arriving at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, get ready for your up close encounter with the iconic Tasmanian Devil and other native animals
• This is an amazing opportunity to learn more about our unique wildlife and perhaps hand feed the animals that roam free.
• A wonderful way to end the day before we head back to Hobart with so many special memories and experiences
• Morning tea
• Entry to Mt Field National Park
• Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
Hobart CBD, Tasmania | More Hobart CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.