Mount Field and Russell Falls Full Day Tour
Immerse yourself in wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife on this amazing tour to the pristine rainforest of Mt Field National Park.
Heading north-west from Hobart along the beautiful Derwent Valley, enjoy sights of native birds and quaint towns. Travel through dense rainforest fern glades and experience the stunning Russell Falls located in the Mt Field National Park. Take a stroll beneath the huge fronds of the forest canopy before time for lunch (own expense) at the Waterfalls Cafe and return journey to Hobart.
• As we leave Hobart and follow the Derwent River into the beautiful Derwent Valley keep a look out for native birds along the shores of the river before arriving at New Norfolk - the heart of this valley of tiny towns and agriculture
• Pass through the hop fields of Bushy Park
• Visit the Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
• Enjoy a complimentary morning tea
• Perhaps feed the trout and salmon
• Visit the Museum - all this set amidst historic surrounds within the original and stunning English parklands
• Arriving at Mt Field National Park start with an easy walk through a canopy of rainforest and fern glades to view crystal clear waters and the spectacle of Russell Falls
• Soak up the serenity and atmosphere of majestic tall tree ferns providing a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
• Lunch (at your own expense) can be enjoyed in the park
• Return to Hobart alongside the Derwent River crossing Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran manufacturing firm
• There may be an opportunity to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls (seasonal)
• Admission to Salmon Ponds
• Morning tea
• Entry to Mt Field National Park
Hobart CBD, Tasmania | More Hobart CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.