Moreton Island Day Cruise
Spend a day on the bay and watch for sightings of dolphins dugongs and turtles, swim in aqua waters, feed fish, ride the boomnet and enjoy smorgasbord lunch! This cruise is perfect for anyone who wants to try something exhilarating or simply just want to cool off in the clear refreshing waters that surround Moreton Island.
The cruise embarks upon an educational and scenic tour of Moreton Bay aboard the luxury 22 metre Supercat Catamaran which boards from Scarborough. The tour commences with a welcome orientation and safety briefing by the friendly crew before embarking upon the crystal clear waters of Moreton Bay.
You now have an opportunity to soak up the sun, take in the scenery and watch for sightings of the variety of fascinating wildlife and marine animals that are prevalent in Moreton Bay. The experience is highlighted by expert commentary supplied by the resident naturalist. Marine animals such as dolphins and the endangered loggerhead turtles and dugongs have all made their home in this beautiful environment. The majestic humpback whale migrates through the Australian Whale Sanctuary past Moreton Island.
Take part in a guided snorkel tour of the Tangalooma Wrecks (additional charge). This site is recognized as one of the world's premier snorkeling destinations. In addition to the fascinating wrecks to explore, there is a myriad of marine life in and around this artificial reef.
Our Guided Snorkelling & Fishfeeding Tour of the Tangalooma wrecks is an optional extra on the day. Our cost of $20 per adult and $10 per child (up to 14 yrs) includes Eco Guides, safety vessel, wetsuits, mask/fins & noodle if required.
For those that crave excitement, we recommend boom-netting. Perfect for anyone who wants to try something exhilarating or simply just want to cool off in the clear refreshing waters that surround Moreton Island.
Included, is a delectable smorgasbord lunch, Chicken, ham of the bone, fresh prawns, array of salads and bread rolls. After lunch, enjoy Moreton Island at your leisure. You can take this opportunity to explore the beach, participate in a game of beach cricket or soak up the sun or just relax with the Tangalooma wrecks as a spectacular backdrop.
After all the excitement, relax and take another opportunity to admire the scenery. A delicious platter featuring an assortment of fresh fruit is served as we make our way back to Scarborough.
• Travel across Moreton Bay to Moreton Island sheltered waters in a QUICK 45 minutes
• Boom-netting - experience the rush of being towed through the ocean behind the vessel on our Boom-Net!
• Guided Snorkelling Tour through the Tangalooma Wrecks (Optional extra $20 per person payable on the day – please note there are no EFTPOS facilities on board)
• Fish feeding around the wrecks
• Smorgasbord lunch of chicken, leg ham, fresh prawns, cheese, salads and freshly baked breadrolls. The food is all served separately to accommodate individual tastes and vegetarians
• Moreton Island beach and swim time: Free time to relax on the beach, climb the famous sand dunes, swim in safe, crystal clear waters
• Afternoon tea fruit platter
• Marine Eco Cruise with commentary (all year - dolphins, dugongs and turtles)
• Moreton Island history
• Whale Watching Opportunities on our Cruise. Whales come into Moreton Bay in winter (June to October)
• All day complimentary tea and coffee
• Licensed full size commercial refrigerated bar with a variety of ice cold alcohol, soft drinks, chocolates & chips for purchase. Please note NO BYO
• Return Hotel Bus Transfers from Brisbane CBD - subject to availability, with an additional fee
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.