Campervan explore Australia winter 2021

Freycinet Peninsula

I advertised for a female travel companion about this time last year, but COVID put a temporary halt on my plans. So ... let's hope 2021 works better! 

I have a small campervan (Hyundai iLoad). It has a LPG stove, a small refrigerator, two separate beds (one in the campervan, and one in the awning tent) and storage for a small amount of hiking and snorkeling gear. No toilet or shower. I am 73 years old, a fairly small guy: 5'5" and 60kg. I am interested in nature photography, which sometimes entails getting up before dawn to catch the shadows of sunrise. Love for nature, love for the sea, and love for animals are the cornerstones of my life. I am a retired environmental scientist. In years past I spent time in the south pacific on a yacht. The stories from those years can be found by searching for "the adventures of ocean child".

I have three trips planned. Trip One: check out some of Tasmania's national parks, beaches and rocky headlands. Trip Two: travel from Melbourne north up the East Coast as far as Cairns. Trip Three: travel from Hobart to Adelaide then Perth, then north up the west coast. I have a few friends along the way, and we would visit them briefly. We would avoid cities as far as possible, and commercial caravan parks (if we can find free camp sites). We would try to spend as much time as possible in natural areas like national parks.

I am looking for a female travel companion who likes natural places rather than cities and shops. Hopefully you will be interested in hiking (mainly one-day hikes) and photography. If you want to know more about me you could read some of my stories:

http://www.onlyoneplanet.com/OceanChildStoriesFromLongAgo.html

It would be better to email me or phone me rather than leave a comment below. Please contact me for further information. 0422 926 515

Posted By jonathannevillatgmailcom on 25th March 2021

Updated : 13th April 2021 | Words : 319 | Views : 737 | Comments : 3

RSS Twitter Facebook

3 Comments

1)

Anita. Concerning your comment about bed-companions, my advice to any woman considering sharing a bed with a man over 70 is "don't'. Old men almost inevitably snore. And old men generally speaking have little or nothing to offer. So forget the idea.

EMAIL : jonathan.nevill@gmail.com

PHONE : 0422926515

Posted By Jonathannevillatgmailcom on Tuesday 13th April 2021 @ 13:55:57

2)

Please phone me on 0422 926 515

EMAIL : jonathan.nevill@gmail.com

PHONE : 0422926515

Posted By Jonathannevillatgmailcom on Tuesday 13th April 2021 @ 13:52:45

3)

Hello.My name is Annita. How are you? Your trips sound interesting. I have some questions and its best to ask them up front and to the point. Are you a drinker or a smoker? Are you looking for a travelling companion only, not a bed companion? Are you calm, do you like peace and quiet and are you easy to get on with?

Posted By Annita on Tuesday 13th April 2021 @ 05:38:11

Comments

Forum Categories

Travel Stories Topics 185 | Comments 83 Post Topic
Travel Tips Topics 209 | Comments 1152 Post Topic
Must Explore Topics 32 | Comments 39 Post Topic
Lonely Explorer Topics 240 | Comments 729 Post Topic
Travelling with Technology Topics 17 | Comments 21 Post Topic
Air Activities Topics 13 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Land Activities Topics 22 | Comments 17 Post Topic
Water Activities Topics 23 | Comments 13 Post Topic
Holiday Accommodation Topics 32 | Comments 61 Post Topic

Login to the Forum OR Register FREE

Username or Email Address

Password

Remember Me

In search of road trip companion

Hey everyone, I’m planning on going from Melbourne all the way up the east coast, then maybe . . .

Posted By Jak1998 on 15th October 2021

Views : 901 | Comments : 1

Gold Coast to Rockhampton

Hi All, I am making a little road trip Friday November 12th- Monday 15th Chill and laid back trip . . .

Posted By Amiroo on 10th October 2021

Views : 298 | Comments : 0

Esperance to Adelaide, then Flinders and Gawler Ranges

My name is Jon Nevill. At the moment I'm travelling alone in a small campervan. I have a tent so I c . . .

Posted By jonathannevillatgmailcom on 19th September 2021

Views : 317 | Comments : 0