Outback adventure 2019

I'm a professional woman in my mid 60s living in inner city Melbourne. I'm very keen to do an outback trip (no specific destination in mind for approxinataely 3 months) in 2019. I am keen to meet someone (male or female)  to do such a trip.  I would prefer someone from Melbourne only because it allows a bit of time to know each other in order to see how suitable a traveling match we may be. 

Ive done outback Qld, NSW, Vic WA & NT - twice and especially love North WA and NT in the right season.

I'm flexible on all fronts, i.e. place, time and vehicles (separate or share) etc. etc.  Please get in touch if you're interested... 

Posted By MarySuzanne on 5th August 2018

Updated : 10th October 2019 | Words : 120 | Views : 1861 | Comments : 21

RSS Twitter Facebook

21 Comments

1)

Hello Heather.
Thanks for your post. I’m interested in your plan. Where starting out from? I’m in Melbourne. I did look at the current temperature - 39 degrees. What will this mean in a month’s time?

Posted By Mary Murray on Thursday 10th October 2019 @ 15:54:57

2)

Hey i am looking for a travel buddy to, I'm planning to road trip on the 8th of Nov for 14-18 days up to the national park 7 hours past Exmouth and back.

Posted By Heather on Thursday 10th October 2019 @ 01:49:45

3)

Hi John.
Yes, Brighton Baths sounds good. How does next Tuesday afternoon 7 May suit?
I’ve also had problems using this site. I’ve included my phone # in some kind of designated display box - so let’s see if it works. If not, I’ll put it in the msg box.
Best regards
Mary

PHONE : 0405004004

Posted By Mary on Thursday 2nd May 2019 @ 10:28:52

4)

Hi Mary,

Call or text me please,I found where to show contact details

John

EMAIL : johnroberthayward@hotmail.com

PHONE : +61435116717

Posted By LifesTooShort on Thursday 2nd May 2019 @ 07:11:44

5)

Hi Mary,

Yes I would like to have a cuppa and a chat. Maybe Brighton Baths ? any day ( except Wednesday as that is my Ulysses Club Bike ride day ) . My timeline is very flexible with the only sort of fixed piont being Gibb River in the Kimberly on 10/July, everything else is optional for me as long as I am north of Capricorn for a good chunk of time and to miss the miserable Melbourne winter.

I have not used this site before and dont know how to swap contact details as it says not to put this info in the posts. Do you know how ?

John

Posted By LifesTooShort on Wednesday 1st May 2019 @ 16:16:21

6)

Hi John.
Thanks for your email. I’m not sure about your timeline but your itinerary sounds great. I’m still working p/time so 6 weeks notice is a bit short notice 4dcecdfor me. Anyway, if you’d like to meet up for a drink & have a chat I’m up for it. I live in St Kilda and you’re at Beaumaris so somewhere in between would be ideal.
Best regards
Mary

Posted By Mary on Wednesday 1st May 2019 @ 10:52:32

7)

Mary,
I am 63 yo easy going Retired Electrical Engineer living atm in Beaumaris. I will be travelling all the way around the big loop in about 6 weeks time. Sydney first to visit 3 kids and then on to Cook Town to meet 4 other couples who I travel with. Then the Savanah Way , Bungle Bungles, Gibb River Road, Cape Leveque, then down the west coast. Our agenda is also rubbery allowing for each couples likes so we can leave and rejoin anytime. I am a fit, non smoker and only occasionally social drinker. I have a 200 series Landcruiser and a new 5 star off road van with everything including shower and toilet. Would like to meet and see if we hit it off anytime.
John

Posted By John on Tuesday 30th April 2019 @ 20:32:42

8)

Where are you from? How do we get in touch?

Posted By Garry on Tuesday 12th February 2019 @ 12:46:19

9)

I’ve got a Motorhome
Respectable 67 yr old , I could look at a travel mate if we ‘ get on’.
But no idea how this could work...... I’ve only just started thinking about this. Interested in some travel. Short trip first. Go in 2 vehicles....
Cheers, garry

Posted By Garry on Thursday 7th February 2019 @ 23:57:45

10)

Hi there my name is phill I am 64 and have been retired for five year and in that time have travelled extensively I am looking for someone to travel and shear expenses I had of to tas for 6 weeks and go over most years head over Feb 16 to end March then this year heading of Europe for 4weeks in June wanting to get away again end July for a few month have own equipment I live two two hours west of Melbourne I am a very practical person and have lived on the land for over 40years which has help me on many acations if you are interested you can contact me by phone phill

Posted By Phillip on Saturday 22nd December 2018 @ 16:23:43

11)

Howdy Rex.
Thanks for contacting me.
You say you are heading back to Perth but you don’t say from where. So, how about we have a chat when you’re in Melbourne visiting your brother early next year?
Best regards
Mary

EMAIL : marysuzannemurray@hotmail.com

Posted By Mary on Thursday 13th September 2018 @ 22:51:41

12)

Hello Mary how are you? im in a motor home traveling around Australia and heading back to perth over xmas after that i will be visiting my brother in Melbourne about February or March but we can have a chat with you and what suits you im 70 yrs old and a very healthy guy have a boat on board so if you like fishing we can do that as well take care Rex

Posted By Rex on Sunday 9th September 2018 @ 17:37:14

13)

Hi Mary here. I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to how these electronic noticeboard thingos work.  Anway, didn't get any email from anyone so figured at first no one was interesrted, so then decided to log on to the site to see if other people had posted anything about their plans - only to find there were 8 comments on my site.

Emma, sound like you are planning your trip for Oct this year, but if you are interested in anything next year please let me know. Happy to meet up with you in Gippsland if you find yourself there at the end of the trip. I'll be going to Wilson's Prom for the Xmas holiday break.

Carmine, I'd like to get in touch for a chat about any future travel plans you may have.

Derek, you sound pretty energetic - am wondering if I could match your pace? Happy to have a chat anytime though.

My email address is marysuzannemurray@hotmail.com

EMAIL : marysuzannemurray@hotmail.com

PHONE : 0405004004

Posted By MarySuzanne on Sunday 2nd September 2018 @ 18:35:20

14)

I am planning a trip through outback qld, possible NT to run swimming programs for isolated kids. Will starting out from Leonora WA in mid October, across the Nullabor then either up the birdsville track to do a loop or from Melbourne up to loopthe other direction. Finishing mid Feb. Unfortunately not near Melb to start but do have Family in Gippsland who youcould get in touch with. I'll be swagging it, there'll probable be a good few nights camped out.

Posted By Emma on Wednesday 29th August 2018 @ 09:45:08

15)

Heading off to Dargo for a motorbike rally...be up there for a week...give me a email in a couple weeks...thanx

Posted By Derek harris on Tuesday 28th August 2018 @ 16:36:41

16)

I had hoped that you lived in melbourne as it would have been easier to get to you ..i also like bikes.....but the ones with motors😈 and 4x4ing and going off the grid in the bush. Hope you find a compatible lycra travel partner...be good

Posted By Derek Harris on Sunday 26th August 2018 @ 18:43:46

17)

I'm retired, looking to do various types of trips both local and Inter state have just spend time @ Daylesford and I'm heading to Venus bay next week with Spud my best friend I have a fully fitted out Millard caravan I would love to have company on my future trips.

I'm also flexible,please get in touch if interested for catch up and a chat

Posted By Carmine sacco on Sunday 26th August 2018 @ 17:32:49

18)

MarySuzanne

I do some bicycle touring and when in Melbourne always looking for a cycling person, I live in QLD

I bicycled/toured the Darling River UNSUPPORTED in 2015 1,125 km from Hebel Qld to Wentworth Mildura

This month doing the Cycle QLD Daintree ride, but would like to make contact for future rides

e.g. the new trail The Great Southern Bike Trail but doing ourselves etc

Posted By Sandie Downes on Sunday 26th August 2018 @ 12:19:32

19)

Sorry...name Derek Harris ..retired.. and i am in Emerald.vic ....brain fade..too many late nights out with SES..

Posted By Derek Harris on Friday 24th August 2018 @ 10:25:35

20)

Very interested in sharing an adventure next year...have been 4x4ing for many years and have travelled extensively thru OZ..ring or email me ...Derek

Posted By Derek Harri on Wednesday 22nd August 2018 @ 14:01:02

21)

Hi

I`m planning another trip to WA mid next year I love WA would like to see a lot more I live in QLD might be a bit hard getting to know each other but not impossible my intention is travel north / south WA then across to my old home state of SA

If you would like to keep in contact my email below

EMAIL: michaelclark12@bigpond.com

Posted By Mike on Tuesday 14th August 2018 @ 14:47:22

Comments

Forum Categories

Travel Classifieds Topics 364 | Comments 385 Post Topic
Travel Stories Topics 189 | Comments 84 Post Topic
Travel Tips Topics 240 | Comments 1136 Post Topic
Travel Trivia Topics 7 | Comments 9 Post Topic
Must Explore Topics 41 | Comments 38 Post Topic
Lonely Explorer Topics 2272 | Comments 5517 Post Topic
Travelling with Technology Topics 18 | Comments 21 Post Topic
Air Activities Topics 14 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Land Activities Topics 23 | Comments 18 Post Topic
Water Activities Topics 24 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Holiday Accommodation Topics 50 | Comments 63 Post Topic

Login to the Forum OR Register FREE

Username or Email Address

Password

Remember Me

Fishing for company..

I'm a mad keen fisherman, 4WDer & boaty. Love hikes and exploring. Living a nomad life at the . . .

Posted By gttroopin on 23rd July 2020

Views : 96 | Comments : 2

Join our outback adventure

We are looking for woman that is 20 to 40 years old to join our family on our adventure. We are trav . . .

Posted By Ozfamily on 18th July 2020

Views : 143 | Comments : 1

seeking 1 or 2 people for road trip in NSW 4WD

seeking 1 or 2 people for road trip in NSW 4WD Hi Im heading on a road trip in NSW Snowy Mnt . . .

Posted By sunny2000 on 17th July 2020

Views : 61 | Comments : 0