Perth - Birdsville - Perth (Aug/Sep 2020)

Me

Hi fellow travelers. I am planning a road trip from Perth though to Birdsville and Innamincka, stopping at the Gawler Ranges in SA along the way. I am also planning to spend a few days at Arkaroola in the Flinders Ranges after Birdsville and then I will make my way down to Adelaide for a few more days before returning to Perth. I may even go through to Boulia from Birdsville but that is only a couple of days either way. 

I plan to leave Perth in early August 2020. The trip will take around 5 weeks, so i will return to Perth mid September. I will be staying in on-site accommodation along the way or spending the night in my swag from time to time. 

I am looking for a female or male travel buddy to join me for part or all of the trip. You would need to be able to share the driving and pay your own way. My vehicle is an automatic 4WD Colorado crew cab ute (MY 2018) with a canopy (plenty of storage space). I am a 64 year old retired male, quite sensible but pretty relaxed. I dont smoke (and neither should you - this is a show stopper) and i am only a light drinker. Because i am retired the itinerary is quite flexible and othe rstops could be included as time allows.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from anyone interested in joining me on this little adventure. 

Posted By lexgraefe on 12th March 2020

Updated : 11th September 2020 | Words : 247 | Views : 724 | Comments : 7

RSS Twitter Facebook

7 Comments

1)

Hello,
I realise I'm too late to join in this current trip, but hoping you can keep me in mind for future trips. I'm a retired lady from Perth and a keen traveller fit health and easy going. I've just returned from a short trip to Exmouth and packing for another short trip to the Abrolhos Islands and Turquoise coast. However, I'd LOVE to have a travel buddy to enjoy a more extended trip to the North West, one of life's pleasures. I'm non smoking and a light drinker also. Happy to share driving and any other costs.

PHONE : 0403258573

Posted By Lesley on Friday 11th September 2020 @ 11:33:59

2)

No problem, thanks for your reply. Have a great trip!

Posted By Ziggy on Sunday 26th April 2020 @ 17:45:39

3)

Hi Ziggy, I have pretty much lined up a travel mate for this trip. So unless the timing end up changing (which it still may I guess) then I think I am right for now. Lex

Posted By Lex on Sunday 26th April 2020 @ 16:20:04

4)

Hi Lex, I'd be very keen to discuss your plans if you haven't found a travel mate yet. I have a love of the outback but somehow haven't made it to Birdsville, lack of willing participant I think. Am comfortable driving distances having spent time in NT & WA, I'm currently in Melbourne. Timing is flexible for me as current circumstances may force an early retirement, at which time I'd like to follow the sun for a bit. I'm 63, self sufficient & laugh easily.
Will wait to hear back , cheers, Ziggy

Posted By Ziggy on Sunday 26th April 2020 @ 13:09:02

5)

Hi Sharna, just letting you know i got your messages. I dont know how this works either but you can message me directly if you like. Then I can address your questions. Lex

EMAIL : lex.graefe@hotmail.com

Posted By lexgraefe on Saturday 14th March 2020 @ 23:57:34

6)

Hi again, I'm not sure if i sent or you received my initial message today. This is the first time using this forum and it is a bit confusing. Could you let me know if you did?
Sharna

EMAIL : spike_bb@msn.com

PHONE : 0438432647

Posted By Sharna on Saturday 14th March 2020 @ 17:58:04

7)

Hi, I read your ad with interest. I am keen to travel. Just purchased a campervan which is not yet fitted out. I love driving AND company. I would be happy to share driving and expenses with you in your vehicle if you prefer. I am an independent woman, retired. Own my own 45 acre property in Qld. I'm pretty laid back, relaxed and happy. Will your trip just be for a couple of weeks or are you flexible? I would like to know more of your plans.

EMAIL : spike_bb@msn.com

Posted By Sharna on Saturday 14th March 2020 @ 17:04:02

Comments

Forum Categories

Travel Stories Topics 189 | Comments 84 Post Topic
Travel Tips Topics 240 | Comments 1143 Post Topic
Must Explore Topics 34 | Comments 38 Post Topic
Lonely Explorer Topics 2287 | Comments 5553 Post Topic
Travelling with Technology Topics 17 | Comments 22 Post Topic
Air Activities Topics 14 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Land Activities Topics 23 | Comments 18 Post Topic
Water Activities Topics 24 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Holiday Accommodation Topics 50 | Comments 63 Post Topic

Login to the Forum OR Register FREE

Username or Email Address

Password

Remember Me

travel companion around Aust

Hi my name is John , im a 55 year old male , live and travel around Aust in my caravan , looking for . . .

Posted By havevan on 20th October 2020

Views : 43 | Comments : 0

Gold prospecting Victoria high country and golden triangle

Howdy all, I'm planning some short trips through the Victorian High Country and Golden Triangle if a . . .

Posted By WAorBust on 20th October 2020

Views : 16 | Comments : 0

Travel Companion from Melbourne to Rest of Australia when lock down is lifted next week

I plan to travel out of Melbourne driving towards Sydney as soon as the lockdown is lifted in a new . . .

Posted By RajSun on 15th October 2020

Views : 61 | Comments : 0