First time 4WDer
Im departing on my first 4WD holiday in the coming months and need all the help I can get! Does anyone have any hints for 4WDing?
Posted By Hannah on 28th March 2007
Updated : 5th March 2008 | Words : 26 | Views : 2599 | Comments : 4
All the above is great but always and i mean always Have your spare tyre ready to go with a breaker bar to get those extra tight wheel nuts off.
I would also reccomend going to your local four wheel supply store such as tjm and purchasing some tubleess tyre repair kits, around the 30 dollar mark but they are sure to fix that puncture and get you home.
Posted By Josh Mc on Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 16:05:17
Well good luck to all those first timers. IT'S A LOT OF FUN!
You should definitely have all of the above, Plus,
1. A knife
2. Tyre Deflactors
3. A Torch
4. Matches or a lighter
5. A Work light
6. ICE AND BEERS OF COURSE!!!!
Hope this helps you out guys.
Posted By Freddy on Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 15:37:07
There are plenty of handy tips for all you first timers.
1. Always when possible 4wd with another car. Having another car with you will help you in recovery situations when bogged and also can go for help if needed.
2. Always have a small recovery kit with you, this normally will include 2 D-shackles, a 9m snatch strap (recovery rope) and some gloves. Available at your local TJM store for around $100.
3. Always have a tyre guage and an air compressor as this will assist you in recovering your vehicle.
4. Always take ample water for overnight and a warm jacket for sleeping overnight.
5. Check your oil and water levels before leaving home to ensure your vehicle is fit for some fun.
Hope this helps everyone out there on there first time.
Posted By Danny Green on Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 15:31:24
There are some handy four wheel drive hints and tips on the following page:
Posted By Johnny on Monday 28th January 2008 @ 22:39:52
Travel Classifieds Topics 364 | Comments 385
Travel Stories Topics 189 | Comments 84
Travel Tips Topics 240 | Comments 1136
Travel Trivia Topics 7 | Comments 9
Must Explore Topics 41 | Comments 38
Lonely Explorer Topics 2272 | Comments 5517
Travelling with Technology Topics 18 | Comments 21
Air Activities Topics 14 | Comments 12
Land Activities Topics 23 | Comments 18
Water Activities Topics 24 | Comments 12
Holiday Accommodation Topics 50 | Comments 63
18th National Caravan Clubs Rally 2022 update NEARLY 190 registrations have already been received f . . .
Posted By EditorACCSA on 31st May 2020
Views : 62 | Comments : 0
Hello, Looking for an advice which option to take for first time trip to Australia.We have 12 days . . .
Posted By meelistv on 26th February 2020
Views : 89 | Comments : 0
Hello! Planning a trip from Adealide to Uluru with my dogs later this year, any ideas what I can do . . .
Posted By Iggy1988 on 30th May 2019
Views : 461 | Comments : 1