First time 4WDer
Im departing on my first 4WD holiday in the coming months and need all the help I can get! Does anyone have any hints for 4WDing?
Posted By Hannah on Wednesday 28th March 2007 @ 10:30:43
Updated : Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 16:05:17 | Words : 26 | Views : 2540 | Comments : 4
All the above is great but always and i mean always Have your spare tyre ready to go with a breaker bar to get those extra tight wheel nuts off.
I would also reccomend going to your local four wheel supply store such as tjm and purchasing some tubleess tyre repair kits, around the 30 dollar mark but they are sure to fix that puncture and get you home.
Posted By Josh Mc on Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 16:05:17
Well good luck to all those first timers. IT'S A LOT OF FUN!
You should definitely have all of the above, Plus,
1. A knife
2. Tyre Deflactors
3. A Torch
4. Matches or a lighter
5. A Work light
6. ICE AND BEERS OF COURSE!!!!
Hope this helps you out guys.
Posted By Freddy on Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 15:37:07
There are plenty of handy tips for all you first timers.
1. Always when possible 4wd with another car. Having another car with you will help you in recovery situations when bogged and also can go for help if needed.
2. Always have a small recovery kit with you, this normally will include 2 D-shackles, a 9m snatch strap (recovery rope) and some gloves. Available at your local TJM store for around $100.
3. Always have a tyre guage and an air compressor as this will assist you in recovering your vehicle.
4. Always take ample water for overnight and a warm jacket for sleeping overnight.
5. Check your oil and water levels before leaving home to ensure your vehicle is fit for some fun.
Hope this helps everyone out there on there first time.
Posted By Danny Green on Wednesday 5th March 2008 @ 15:31:24
There are some handy four wheel drive hints and tips on the following page:
Posted By Johnny on Monday 28th January 2008 @ 22:39:52
Travel Classifieds Topics 367 | Comments 385
Travel Stories Topics 189 | Comments 84
Travel Tips Topics 238 | Comments 1136
Travel Trivia Topics 7 | Comments 9
Must Explore Topics 41 | Comments 38
Lonely Explorer Topics 2252 | Comments 5410
Travelling with Technology Topics 18 | Comments 21
Air Activities Topics 14 | Comments 12
Land Activities Topics 23 | Comments 18
Water Activities Topics 24 | Comments 12
Holiday Accommodation Topics 50 | Comments 63
Hello! Planning a trip from Adealide to Uluru with my dogs later this year, any ideas what I can do . . .
Posted By Iggy1988 on Thursday 30th May 2019
Words : 32 | Views : 255 | Comments : 1
Hi, Looking for somewhere to store my 17' caravan on an ongoing basis in Melbourne Outer Eastern sub . . .
Posted By Nottsman on Sunday 16th December 2018
Words : 51 | Views : 317 | Comments : 0
Hi, I am looking at doing a road trip with my Blue Heeler Buster! Heading off from Nelson Bay NSW . . .
Posted By lukebuster on Wednesday 28th November 2018
Words : 79 | Views : 508 | Comments : 0