Driving to the Barossa through the Adelaide Hills, the road leads past reservoirs and forests to the pretty hamlet of Williamstown. Williamstown is home to the Barossa Reservoir and its famous Whispering Wall. An engineering feat when it was built, this acoustic phenomenon allows messages whispered at one end to carry audibly to the other end, 140 metres away.
The town is an access point to Mount Crawford Forest and its walking, cycling and horseriding trails. Many of the original stone buildings in the town centre are still in use, including the hotel, first licensed in 1854, and Cundy's Bridge, built in 1867 over Victoria Creek. Having withstood both time and flooding, the bridge has been altered but still retains its original stone piers.
Destinations within Barossa Valley
|Other Barossa Valley Destinations|