The original settlement of Arno Vale was settled by John Hallet in 1840 on the fringe of where the current settlement lies. It was later named for the flocks of cockatoos that congregated in the ancient old gums surrounding the town.
It's convenient rural location - only 8 kilometres from Gawler, it has seen recent land subdivisions for people seeking a country lifestyle. Sandy Creek and Para Wirra Conservation Parks and Barossa Goldfields are a short drive away. The local general store can provide fuel and provisions seven days a week.
Destinations within Barossa Valley
|Other Barossa Valley Destinations|