Eidsvold, beef capital of the Burnett, is named after 'Eidsvoll' in Norway. The area was first settled in 1848 and with the discovery of Gold in 1887 became a populous centre for miners. Indigenous communities lived in the area before European settlement and continue to rediscover their traditions today with a strong presence.
Cattle, timber, citrus and vegetable crops are the backbone of this rural economy. The area offers wide, open spaces, country drives and a relaxing stop along Highway 17.
Sites around Eidsvold of interest include the Eidsvold Historical Complex, Tolderodden Environmental Heritage Park, Alice Maslen hitching rail, a World War II inland defence road to Cracow and historic Eidsvold Station.
Wuruma Dam nearby offers fishing and recreation. The Ceradatodus Rest area just north of town offers an insight into the area's past with historic photos on display. Partially unsealed roads offer a shortcut through Mt Perry back to Bundaberg.