Grand Hobart and Bonorong Wildlife Park Full Day Tour
Grand Hobart is a combination tour of Mt Wellington, the Hobart City tour and afternoon Tasmanian Devils tour. You can discover Hobart in a day - Mt Wellington summit, Hobart city, historical Richmond and Australian animals at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
This is truly the ultimate tour to ensure you see as much of Hobart and surrounds in one day as possible. Perfect for those with little time in Hobart. We travel up to the summit of Mt Wellington, where the views over Hobart and beyond are breathtaking, travelling back down we start a comprehensive tour with a local guide through the streets of Hobart, stopping at places like the Royal Botanic Gardens, the Female Factory and Rosny Hill Lookout. In the afternoon meet the furry little Tasmanian Devils as well as many other Australian animals at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. We will have approximately 1 hour at Richmond and 1 hour at Bonorong.
Mt Wellington Highlights
• On a clear day the views from Mt Wellington are stunning.
• In the winter perhaps you will be playing in the snow - whatever the weather - take the opportunity to visit iconic Mt Wellington, the traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is kunanyi
• See St David’s Park
• Pass by Anglesea Barracks - Australia’s oldest Army facility
• Cascade Valley - home of the Cascade Brewery and Gardens
• On this tour we pass through various eco systems and experience the harsh alpine environment of the mountain.
• View the massive rock formation of the Organ Pipes
kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit - a harsh rocky alpine environment affording unsurpassed views on a clear day
• The summit of Mt Wellington offers a panoramic spectacle of Hobart town, its surrounding suburbs, vast waterways of the Derwent River
• Option to walk and view the exterior of the Cascade Brewery
• Cascade Gardens
• After our descent from the mountain, we have a brief visit to the Cascades • Female Factory - a one time female prison - for an insight into the lives of the women convicts once imprisoned there.
City Tour Highlights
• Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
• Parliament House
• Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
• St. David’s Park
• South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
• St. David’s Cathedral
• Treasury Building and Franklin Square
• GPO and Hobart Town Hall
• Penitentiary Chapel
• Queen’s Domain and Government House
• Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
• Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
Bonorong Wildlife Highlights
• Travel across the Tasman Bridge into the Coal River Valley and onto Richmond - a unique and historic town resplendent with mellow stone cottages, classic Georgian mansions and home to the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia and the oldest operating Catholic Church
• Stroll along the picturesque Coal River and through the village.
• Enjoy browsing the many shops and galleries for unique gifts or souvenirs.
• Perhaps taste some local produce from one of the many cafes and restaurants
• Onto Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Brighton Valley where you will have your chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile.
• A wildlife sanctuary run by a passionate team of people, it is also a successful breeding site for the unique and often misunderstood Tasmanian Devil (traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is 'purinina').
• Be amazed by what you will learn when taking part in an up-close encounter with 'The Devil' and other Tasmanian and Australian native animals.
• Stroll the grounds of the sancturary and hand feed the animals that roam free.
• You will have great photo opportunities on this fun-filled day.
Hobart CBD, Tasmania | More Hobart CBD Tours
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the rates listed are for the 2021 - 2022 season. The 2021 - 2022 season rates are valid from the 1st April 2021 - 31st March 2022. The 2022 - 2023 season rates commence on the 1st April 2022.
Similar Packages on Special
Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of Covid-19 restrictions and the unpredictable impact it is having on bookings we have temporarily ceased taking new reservations for this package. If you have a gift voucher that you would like to redeem please contact us and we will be happy to check availability.