Melbourne -> Perth (->Broome, Darwin, Alice Springs), April 2020

Hello,

I'm an asian guy in my mid-30s, with a month of paid leave coming up from next April.

Planning a roadtrip melbourne -> adelaide -> perth (and probably up the coast to broome, darwin, back to adelaide, time permitting). Total trip duration is ~3 weeks. Departure/return dates are a little bit flexible, but must be back in south australia ~20th may for work.

I have my own (reliable & well-maintained) car, plus some basic camping gear.  Sleeping will be a combination of free camps and unpowered caravan park sites. I plan to mostly just sleep in the car, and can comfortably fit one more person inside - if you're not comfortable with that, then you'll need your own tent ($20 from kmart will do fine.)

Seeking 1-2 females to share the experience. Must be non-smoking, drug free, clean.  Happy people with a good sense of adventure. 

No fixed driving route or itinerary at this stage, but the vehicle is 2wd. Can handle some unsealed roads, but will mostly be following sealed roads.  Planning to hit most of the tourist sights along the way, visitor information centres too for recommendations, and go from there.

My main focus will natural scenery and any wildlife-related attractions.  National parks, great beaches, caves, waterfalls, some notable wildlife parks. Possibly whale-watching in may (depends on the whales). 

For safety reasons, I would ask my passenger(s) to provide a copy of their passport or driver's license (photo ID) beforehand, by email. I would of course be happy to do the same.

I will do all the driving - I am experienced with long-distance driving on Australia roads. Your job will be to provide good conversation, change the music as needed, and to most importantly watch out for road signs pointing to places of interest.

I would like my passengers to share costs with me (fuel, food, national parks permits etc). This can be a %-per-person of total expenses, a fixed amount-per-day-per-person contribution, or you may suggest some alternative arrangements.

If you happen to be a good cook on a camp stove, then for the right person, I may be happy to pay ALL trip costs (including your food).

For enquiries or expressions of interest, please contact by email to 1695731@gmail.com only at this stage.  I would ask for a recent picture of yourself, and can provide the same in return.

Thanks for reading ~~

Happy Travels,

Andy.

Posted By Andy5343 on 15th December 2019

Updated : 4th July 2020 | Words : 403 | Views : 204 | Comments : 1

RSS Twitter Facebook

1 Comment

1)

Hi .. I will drive to Alice sprig via Adelaide ...have new caravan new 4x4 .. will stay nights in caravan park .. I like to have asian partners ..thanks

Posted By Saad on Monday 29th June 2020 @ 23:59:40

Comments

Forum Categories

Travel Classifieds Topics 364 | Comments 385 Post Topic
Travel Stories Topics 189 | Comments 84 Post Topic
Travel Tips Topics 240 | Comments 1136 Post Topic
Travel Trivia Topics 7 | Comments 9 Post Topic
Must Explore Topics 41 | Comments 38 Post Topic
Lonely Explorer Topics 2273 | Comments 5515 Post Topic
Travelling with Technology Topics 18 | Comments 21 Post Topic
Air Activities Topics 14 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Land Activities Topics 23 | Comments 18 Post Topic
Water Activities Topics 24 | Comments 12 Post Topic
Holiday Accommodation Topics 50 | Comments 63 Post Topic

Login to the Forum OR Register FREE

Username or Email Address

Password

Remember Me

travelling round Australia

Hi my name is John ,I live and travel around Aust in my caravan, on a disability pension so can trav . . .

Posted By havevan on 30th July 2020

Views : 29 | Comments : 0

Fishing for company..

I'm a mad keen fisherman, 4WDer & boaty. Love hikes and exploring. Living a nomad life at the . . .

Posted By gttroopin on 23rd July 2020

Views : 71 | Comments : 2

Join our outback adventure

We are looking for woman that is 20 to 40 years old to join our family on our adventure. We are trav . . .

Posted By Ozfamily on 18th July 2020

Views : 121 | Comments : 1