Popular 4WD Destinations in Victoria
Victoria is a unique and interesting destination for a four wheel driving holiday with a number of spectacular National Parks that feature mountainous landscape, native wildlife and lush forestry. There are also some great snowy spots where you can take the time to ski or snowboard at your own leisure.
* Western Victoria offers the opportunity to visit some of the most remote and hardly visited areas in the State. This is harsh countryside so all visitors should ensure they are well-prepared for the journey. Water is scarce in this area, but there are a number of birds and animal life for you to view. See the Lost Swamp, 4WD through tracks in the area, explore the desert country and camp in a number of unique spots.
* The Croajingolong National Park features amazing beaches, great rivers, tall forests and fishing spots. There are some great places to camp in this area, either in the bush or on the coastline and some good places to 4WD.
You can take the two hour walk across the fantastic high sand dune or fish in the Mueller River or enjoy a break in Mallacoota.
* The Victorian High Country is home to some of the best 4WD tracks in Australia. This a fantastic four wheel driving trip, but not one for beginners, as some of the tracks incorporate rough countryside. You have the opportunity to see some of the most beautiful mountain landscape in Australia. Not only can you enjoy thrilling 4WD in this area but also bushwalking, horse riding, fishing and even skiing.
* Looking for an easy but fun 4WD trek, how about visiting the Halls Gap area and the Grampian National Park. This amazing area is a must see when in Victoria and an ideal 4WD destination.
This area showcases stunning scenery including mountain ranges, native wildlife and views for miles. There are some great 4WD tracks including river crossings, steady climbs and steep ascents, great bushwalking tracks and Aboriginal art sites in this area.
* The Otway Ranges offer a place to enjoy an easy 4WD trek through it's magnificent forests. Explore dirt roads, the native wildlife, the Erskine Falls - all in your 4WD. Keep an eye out for the interesting bird life while in this area.
* The Snowy River National Park is another popular destination for four wheel drivers. People are drawn to the area not only for it's four wheel driving but also it's canoeing and bushwalking. There are heaps of trails in this area, some great camping spots and some stunning views.
For More 4 x 4 photos view the Australian Explorer Four Wheel Drive Photo Gallery.
Do you have a favourite 4WD destination in Victoria? Share it with Australian Explorer