Rialto is situated in the heart of Melbourne city, Victoria.
The Rialto featured Melbourne's first skyscraper public observation deck which operated between 1994 and 31 December 2009. It was also the location of Melbourne's first Tower running event.
Rialto offers fantastic views across the city and surrounding landscape which can be experienced from the Vue de monde restaurant and Lui bar located on the 55th floor. Please note that photography is no allowed from these locations however this is a must do when visiting Melbourne. Rialto boasts numerous amazing facts (listed below).
- 38 lifts and 706 lift door openings
- 95 kilometres (59 miles) of lift cables
- 70 kilometres (43.5 metres) of fire hydrant and sprinkler piping
- 9 hectares (22.2 acres) of quality carpet
- 1.8 hectares (4.5 acres) of glass windows
- 228,000 tonnes (224,399 tons) of materials used in construction
- The Rialto building boasts an enviable international reputation - it is a member of the World Federation of Great Towers, only the 21st tower in the World to become part of this elite group
- It was built in the mid-1980's and is the third highest reinforced concrete building in the World
A $100M investment in The Rialto Regeneration Project will provide Melbourne with a new business and lifestyle destination with its completion late in the first quarter of 2017.
Featured Melbourne CBD Activities and Tours
This is the ultimate scenic flight by far. Departing from the Yarra Valley you will travel over the south eastern suburbs of Warrandyte, Box Hill and Tooronga before continuing on to the Melbourne CBD...
Climb into the truly adventurous underground world and explore a maze of underground boulder caves where you will find phosphorous glow worms & cave crickets. Participants are given a safety talk and ...
This is a full day tour departing from Melbourne taking in all of the highlights of the glorious Great Ocean Road coastal drive. Visit the famous beaches of the Great Ocean Road’s Surf Coast, wonder...
Become part of a group of farm workers on their first night at Werribee Park Historic Farm. But, beware of the ancient creature Black Anny, terrorising the property. Performed in the historic building...
Live the life of a surfer with our 1 day surfing adventure as you travel along the Great Ocean Road. We take you on a journey in search of the best waves and smallest crowds on the Great Ocean Road. W...
The Phillip Island Penguin Parade tour highlights the best of Victoria's nature and wildlife. Get up close and personal with the friendly residents of Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, han...
More Melbourne CBD Tours
Destinations within Melbourne