Rialto is situated in the heart of Melbourne city, Victoria.
The Rialto featured Melbourne's first skyscraper public observation deck which operated between 1994 and 31 December 2009. It was also the location of Melbourne's first Tower running event.
Rialto is surrounded by vibrant tourism and dining opportunities and is cementing its reputation as a food destination with the opening of prestigious new restaurants in 2010.
Rialto offers fantastic views across the city and surrounding landscape which can be experienced from the Vue de monde restaurant and Lui bar located on the 55th floor. Please note that photography is no allowed from these locations however this is a must do when visiting Melbourne. Rialto boasts numerous amazing facts (listed below).
- 38 lifts and 706 lift door openings
- 95 kilometres (59 miles) of lift cables
- 70 kilometres (43.5 metres) of fire hydrant and sprinkler piping
- 9 hectares (22.2 acres) of quality carpet
- 1.8 hectares (4.5 acres) of glass windows
- 228,000 tonnes (224,399 tons) of materials used in construction
- The Rialto building boasts an enviable international reputation - it is a member of the World Federation of Great Towers, only the 21st tower in the World to become part of this elite group
- It was built in the mid-1980's and is the third highest reinforced concrete building in the World
A $100M investment in The Rialto Regeneration Project will provide Melbourne with a new business and lifestyle destination with its completion late in the first quarter of 2017.
Destinations within Melbourne