Rialto is situated in the heart of Melbourne city, Victoria.
The Rialto featured Melbourne's first skyscraper public observation deck which operated between 1994 and 31 December 2009. It was also the location of Melbourne's first Tower running event.
Rialto offers fantastic views across the city and surrounding landscape which can be experienced from the Vue de monde restaurant and Lui bar located on the 55th floor. Please note that photography is no allowed from these locations however this is a must do when visiting Melbourne. Rialto boasts numerous amazing facts (listed below).
- 38 lifts and 706 lift door openings
- 95 kilometres (59 miles) of lift cables
- 70 kilometres (43.5 metres) of fire hydrant and sprinkler piping
- 9 hectares (22.2 acres) of quality carpet
- 1.8 hectares (4.5 acres) of glass windows
- 228,000 tonnes (224,399 tons) of materials used in construction
- The Rialto building boasts an enviable international reputation - it is a member of the World Federation of Great Towers, only the 21st tower in the World to become part of this elite group
- It was built in the mid-1980's and is the third highest reinforced concrete building in the World
A $100M investment in The Rialto Regeneration Project will provide Melbourne with a new business and lifestyle destination with its completion late in the first quarter of 2017.
Featured Melbourne CBD Activities and Tours
Well for so many a Ferrari is the pick of the bunch and owning one is a dream. Take this machine on the open road and hear the sweet note of the Ferrari California ... there's no more thrilling experi...
The Phillip Island Penguin Parade tour highlights the best of Victoria's nature and wildlife. Get up close and personal with the friendly residents of Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, han...
Climb into the truly adventurous underground world and explore a maze of underground boulder caves where you will find phosphorous glow worms & cave crickets. Participants are given a safety talk and ...
A truly amazing wildlife experience! Close up encounter with native animals in a sanctuary, an adventure cruise to Seal Rocks where there are over 5,000 fur seals and of course, the nightly ritual of ...
This two day wildlife adventure of the Gippsland Region will bring you back to nature's wonders! This extensive ecological tour of the Victorian coastline will provide views of Austalia's native wildl...
This is a full day tour departing from Melbourne taking in all of the highlights of the glorious Great Ocean Road coastal drive. Visit the famous beaches of the Great Ocean Road’s Surf Coast, wonder...
More Melbourne CBD Tours
Destinations within Melbourne